What if the neck has no markings?

Fri May 14, 2010 5:39 pm

I took the neck off of my Bluesboy and it has NO markings or stickers at all on it. The body gives a build date of 2/11/10. Can I assume that the neck is the same?

Re: What if the neck has no markings?

Fri May 14, 2010 5:45 pm

wrigman wrote:I took the neck off of my Bluesboy and it has NO markings or stickers at all on it. The body gives a build date of 2/11/10. Can I assume that the neck is the same?

No, but it is likely to be built close to that date. The neck probably had a date
stamp before it was in final assembly. Sometimes, the neck heel or the neck pocket
must be sanded during the assembly process to insure a flush contact between neck
and the neck pocket in the body.

Hope this helps.

Fri May 14, 2010 5:59 pm

Thanks!
The neck pocket is very tight(unlike the Tele and Strat I traded for the ASAT), and the pocket did appear to have been sanded druing the build. The assembler put their sig. in it and the date, just wish they did the same on the neck after sanding it.

Tue May 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Now I would like to expand on this question and ask, Why does the neck on my Candy apple red ASAT S say on the sticker that it is on a Lake Placid blue ASAT S?? Kind of strange.
Does the factory have my serial number as a Blue or red giutar?

Thu May 20, 2010 4:42 pm

wrigman wrote:Now I would like to expand on this question and ask, Why does the neck on my Candy apple red ASAT S say on the sticker that it is on a Lake Placid blue ASAT S?? Kind of strange.
Does the factory have my serial number as a Blue or red giutar?

I'm not familiar with the sticker you are referring to. Is it on the neck heel? Can you post a picture of it?

Thu May 20, 2010 5:25 pm

This sticker is on the neck itself on the heal. I'll try and get a pic posted of it soon, but it is near the bar code sticker and is right under the build date of the neck.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:18 pm

Craig wrote:
wrigman wrote:I took the neck off of my Bluesboy and it has NO markings or stickers at all on it. The body gives a build date of 2/11/10. Can I assume that the neck is the same?

No, but it is likely to be built close to that date. The neck probably had a date
stamp before it was in final assembly. Sometimes, the neck heel or the neck pocket
must be sanded during the assembly process to insure a flush contact between neck
and the neck pocket in the body.

Hope this helps.

I just checked with the factory and found out that they stopped date stamping the necks at least five years ago.
The bodies are still stamped and that happens as soon as they come off the HAAS CNC router.

Hope this helps.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:26 pm

WOW! Thanks for the reply Craig.

My 2009 ASAT S has barcode stickers and a hand written date on the back of it. I just took the neck off of Jim Van New Kirk's ASAT Classic today to date that guitar and it too had the barcode stickers and a hand written date on it.
Guess that is why I had the question about the Bluesboy, I took the neck off AFTER the ASAT S's neck. I think you hit the nail on the head with the sanding of the neck to make it fit level in the neck pocket though.
The question still exist's though about why the ASAT S's neck is marked with it being on a Lake Plasid blue(On the bar code sticker)ASAT S giutar, and mine is candy apple red.
I guess we'll never know!(LOL)

Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:18 am

I would say rhat this is most likely the best bet yet. All The necks ARE VERY much the same. Jim Van New Kirk Just bought the two tone bouble bound ASAT with a rosewood frettboard from you guy's,(I was with him and helped him pick it out) I was AMAZED at how spot on the neck on his guitar is with my Bluesboy with rosewood frettboard! Heck, I just thought that the same person must have made both necks. Jim IS THRILLED with that ASAT by the way! Thanks for clearing that up Tim.