G&L Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case w/Fitted Interior

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:36 am

Hi All,

G&L just announced this on their main website:

All USA G&L Basses and Guitars now ship with Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case w/Fitted Interior

Fullerton, Calif., April 22, 2010 - The team at G&L has worked closely with our case supplier (G&G Quality Cases in LA) to come up with specially designed cases for each body shape. There is a dedicated ASAT Case, Legacy Case, F-100 Case, SC-2 Case, L-2000 Case, etc. We wanted to insure there was no way an instrument could move around inside one of our new cases, so we came up with “fitted” body pockets on each type of case for that specific instrument. One thing people liked about the plastic molded cases was the interior insert on the case was formed so it held the body in place to prevent any unwanted movement. We have incorporated that idea into the traditional G&G black tolex case that people really love.

Bonus: The new Deluxe Tolex case for the current F-100 will work for the original F-100's and the original old body style S-500's (1988 - 1991), as well.

:clap:
Last edited by Craig on Wed May 11, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added bonus text

Re: G&L Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case w/Fitted Interior

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Craig,

Please check your email.

Ken...

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Ken Baker wrote:Craig,

Please check your email.

Ken...

Hi Ken,

Got it and replied back.

Thanks,

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Have to ask the obvious .... are there lefty versions ?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:19 pm

SouthpawGuy wrote:Have to ask the obvious .... are there lefty versions ?

I checked with Steve at G&L and here is his answer:

"For lefty models, there is what we call a “universal” case. The interior for guitar and bass universal cases will work for all left hand models. The body is still held in place very well due to some clever work by the guys at G&G Cases, it’s not quite as tight a fit as the “fitted” interiors."

Hope this helps.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Craig wrote:Hi Ken,

Got it and replied back.

Thanks,

Thank you, Sir!

This is, of course, great news!

Thanks, G&L!

Ken...

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:07 pm

:alright: :banana:

What else can I say?

Oh, .... :thumbup:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:04 pm

Another question for Steve: Will these new cases be offered in the G&L Online store? And if so, what is the estimated time line?

Thanks.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:14 pm

I got that new one with my ASAT. It fits perfectly. I'll take a picture tomorrow.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:39 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:Another question for Steve: Will these new cases be offered in the G&L Online store? And if so, what is the estimated time line?

Thanks.

Yes, they will be available on the on-line store. I was not able to get a time frame when they will be added to the on-line store, though. If I do get any update on this, I will post it.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Excellent news! :happy0065:

-Dave

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Does anyone have a photo of a new fitted case that they could post?
:crazy:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Here are a few, I tried to capture the form fitting contour, but it all being black was quite difficult. You can see sort of where by the horns it is not exact and how it goes up to the top of the body in the other places though. (bonus content, my ASAT)

Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:36 am

Here's an update on the current Tolex cases G&L is now using: Re: G&L/G&G Cases.

:ugeek: