How do I find out the build specs on my guitar?

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:49 pm

I have a Legacy HB I got from a local dealer and aside from the certificate and warranty card it didn't come with anything else. It's got a Duncan JB and is either Butterscotch Blonde or Lemondrop. It's tough to tell from pix on the net. The serial number is CLF47421 and here's a pic. I'd love to know which neck it's got and what the body is. Can anyone tell me based on the serial number what the specs are?

BTW... It's an amazing guitar.

Here's a pic...

Re: How do I find out the build specs on my guitar?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:35 am

madryan wrote:I have a Legacy HB I got from a local dealer and aside from the certificate and warranty card it didn't come with anything else. It's got a Duncan JB and is either Butterscotch Blonde or Lemondrop. It's tough to tell from pix on the net. The serial number is CLF47421 and here's a pic. I'd love to know which neck it's got and what the body is. Can anyone tell me based on the serial number what the specs are?

BTW... It's an amazing guitar.

The body finish is Butterscotch Blonde. If it was built to the standard specs (see this link) the neck would have a 12" radius and a 1 5/8" nut width. As with most G&L models, a customer can custom order a different neck size. So, you would have to measure it to see the actual neck size.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy!

Re: How do I find out the build specs on my guitar?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:23 pm

So since the Butterscotch Blonde is a "premium" finish my guitar should be Swamp Ash. Cool.

I looked and looked for a Strat I liked and aside from a few Suhr models at 2.5X the price this one was head and shoulders better than any Fender I played (Played tons in my quest)

Only thing I don't like is the JB pickup. I've already got a Suhr Aldridge on order to replace it.

Thanks for the info... :thumbup: