When and where was my guitar

Mon May 12, 2014 1:50 pm

Hello to you all. I´m from Denamrk, and I just bought a G&l ASAT with the serial number 60500730. Can anyone tell me when and where this nice lefty was build?
HPK Denmark

Re: When and where was my guitar

Mon May 12, 2014 8:05 pm

Is your guitar a Tribute or a USA model? Is it a 3 bolt or a 4 bolt neck?
Your serial number does not seem right. My first thought was that the first digit was the letter G and not the number 6 like the old serial numbers until 1997, but yours has too many digits--it would be formatted like GXXXXXX.

My next thought was that it was a Tribute model and the first four digits would indicate the Year and Month of manufacture. Once again your serial numbers do not fit that pattern either as 60/50 does not make any sense.

Could you post photos of your guitar including the serial number?
Here are instructions for posting photos-
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10450

Check out these links for dating G&L guitars

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19

http://www.glguitars.com/chronology/index2.asp

Tue May 13, 2014 7:10 am

Hello Eddie and thanks a lot for your interest. I have looked once again, and I was wrong. The correct serial number is G050730 and there is 3 bolts on the neck. I hope this well help with the answer to my question.

Tue May 13, 2014 8:23 am

hpk wrote:Hello Eddie and thanks a lot for your interest. I have looked once again, and I was wrong. The correct serial number is G050730 and there is 3 bolts on the neck. I hope this well help with the answer to my question.

Well that narrows it down a little bit.
Your guitar was definitely built in Fullerton, California no later than mid - 1997.
See this post viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20

If you read the links I provided in my first response you will see that dating by serial number is not accurate. The only way to tell for sure what date your guitar was built is to take the neck off and check the date stamps on the neck and body.