Identify my ASAT CLF19668

Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:12 am

Hi can you help me find out what model my ASAT is has a top 'F' hole semi hollow body, it has pro tuners, appears to be blonde laquer over Maple?, rosewood/mahogany fingerboard, 6 saddle bridge, 2 G & L pickups 4220069, 3 position switch and volume and tine control all in chrome finish, fret board imitation tortoise shell.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers
Fozybere

Re: Identify my ASAT CLF19668

Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:37 pm

It sounds like an ASAT Special Semi-Hollow. It was built sometime after 1998, according to the serial number. If you post some photos (including the front and back of the headstock), we should be able to confirm the details.

Ken

(Edited to correct a typo.)
Last edited by KenC on Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:12 pm

fozybere wrote:Hi can you help me find out what model my ASAT is has a top 'F' hole semi hollow body, it has pro tuners, appears to be blonde laquer over Maple?, rosewood/mahogany fingerboard, 6 saddle bridge, 2 G & L pickups 4220069, 3 position switch and volume and tine control all in chrome finish, fret board imitation tortoise shell.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers
Fozybere

KenC wrote:It sounds like an ASAT Special Semo-Hollow. It was built sometime after 1998, according to the serial number. If you post some photos (including the front and back of the headstock), we should be able to confirm the details.

Ken

The pickup cover number you mention is for the Jumbo MFD pickups, so as Ken said, it is likely an ASAT Semi-Hollow.
BTW, the bridge you selected in the Registry is the one for the ASAT Classic and not the Saddle-Lock bridge which is the stock bridge on an ASAT Sem-Hollow.

Please do post some photos so that we can help you identify this guitar. See our Tutorial for instructions on posting photos, which is located in the Announcements
section of this sub-forum.

:ugeek:

Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:07 am

thanks for replies, please see pictures hope this helps as I am in need of your knowledge. cheers.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:27 am

Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:11 am

Very nice photos. :thumbup:

It is an ASAT Semi-Hollow (aka ASAT Special Semi-Hollow).

Here's the catalog page from the 1998 G&L Catalog, we have in the Gallery:

I have updated the registry entry for CLF19668 in the G&L Registry.

Also, here is the current Specification page on G&L's main website.

Hope this helps.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:15 am

Beautiful guitar !! ..... looks like Blonde in the picture

Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:22 am

Fumble fingers wrote:Beautiful guitar !! ..... looks like Blonde in the picture

Yes, it is and I corrected the registry entry.

Thanks.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:19 am

Thanks for the help chaps, now I might be being a bit dim but are we saying it's post 98, try and remember you are dealing with a computer illiterate Brit who is struggling to navigate his way round this site. Good site though. cheers Chris.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:34 am

Hi Chris,

It is definitely post '98, since that's when the "CLF" serial numbers started. I forget when the semi-hollow models came out, but I think it was the early 2000s. Having the serial number on a decal rather than a metal plate puts it pre-2011.

Ken

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:51 am

fozybere wrote:Thanks for the help chaps, now I might be being a bit dim but are we saying it's post 98, try and remember you are dealing with a computer illiterate Brit who is struggling to navigate his way round this site. Good site though. cheers Chris.

KenC wrote:Hi Chris,

It is definitely post '98, since that's when the "CLF" serial numbers started. I forget when the semi-hollow models came out, but I think it was the early 2000s. Having the serial number on a decal rather than a metal plate puts it pre-2011.

Ken

These posts should help: Production List of G&L Instruments (USA), Serial number significance, and When and why did G&L switch to a four-bolt neck?.

For information about this site and navigation, see: Welcome! Read This First.

Hope this helps.