Nick Jaffe Demonstrates Tribute Series ASAT Special

Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Recently posted on the G&L website News page:

Guitarist Nick Jaffe just posted a video demonstration of the G&L Tribute® Series ASAT® Special. Nick does a fantastic job of explaining every detail of this great guitar and gives examples of the wide tonal variety it provides, from crystal-clear clean tones to searing lead tones courtesy of a BBE Windowpane™ fuzz stompbox. (He also uses a BBE Two Timer™ dual-mode analog delay.) Check the video out and see for yourself why Nick concludes that the G&L Tribute® Series ASAT® Special is an "extremely high quality guitar" with a "ridiculously low price."

phpBB [video]

Here's the link to the G&L page: Nick Jaffe Demonstrates The G&L Tribute® Series ASAT® Special.

:ugeek:

Re: Nick Jaffe Demonstrates Tribute Series ASAT Special

Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:03 pm

What are the sonic differences in the pickups used in the ASAT Special Tribute and the ASAT Classic Tribute? Nick talks about the MFD pickups in the Special, and they sound very good. I know the pickups in the Special are much larger than the ones in the classic, which are also MFD.

I have the ASAT Classic Tribute, and I think it sounds great as well. I didn't get the Special because of the look of the pickups. They are just too ugly for my tastes, and I think they look all bulky and awkward. I know that's pretty shallow, when all that should matter is the sound, but I digress...

Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:43 pm

tymj2112 wrote:What are the sonic differences in the pickups used in the ASAT Special Tribute and the ASAT Classic Tribute? Nick talks about the MFD pickups in the Special, and they sound very good. I know the pickups in the Special are much larger than the ones in the classic, which are also MFD.

I have the ASAT Classic Tribute, and I think it sounds great as well. I didn't get the Special because of the look of the pickups. They are just too ugly for my tastes, and I think they look all bulky and awkward. I know that's pretty shallow, when all that should matter is the sound, but I digress...

For info on the various pickups used in G&L guitars see: List of pickups used in G&L guitars.

:ugeek:

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:19 pm

the clean tones are nice. the jet and the toneking are both phenomenal amps. the dirty lead tone is absolutely disastrous. he should be sued for misrepresentation.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Very enjoyable to listen to his enthusiasm for this great guitar.

Great Tones.

That's why I have one and will probably buy more, perhaps an American custom build one next time. :D