My new Fallout

Mon May 13, 2013 9:44 am

It's Graphite Metallic with a nicely striped Rosewood board and all the feel and tone I expected of a G&L. The Fallout is also versatile without being littered with knobs and switches, which is what I always hated about the Jackson Dominion I had before. That same combination of versatility and simplicity is what attracted me to my ASAT HB Special Build (which is for sale in the Marketplace, BTW ;) )
I just can't believe all the guitar we get from G&L for relatively little money...

Re: My new Fallout

Mon May 13, 2013 10:07 am

Very nice. Is that a P90 in the neck?-- Darwin

Mon May 13, 2013 10:19 am

Thank you! Yes it's a "Paul Gagon-designed G&L Alnico P-90 neck pickup wound in-house," and it sounds like nothing I've had before... in a very good way.

Mon May 13, 2013 10:25 am

I bet that's a really good pickup combination you have.
And I think your Graphite metallic looks great with the black guard and the rosewood. TASTEFUL NICE GUITAR!!

Mon May 13, 2013 1:53 pm

that color looks great !! ... sweet guitar

Mon May 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Thank you for the compliments. G&L has some kind of magic in that Fullerton factory...

Tue May 14, 2013 12:29 am

Thats a very nice look for the Fallout, much better than the vintage coloured ones on the website, IMO. Those G&L P90s are one of the nicest pickups I've used, glad to see them being used in regular models too :thumbup:

Wed May 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Could someone compare them to the usual boutique suspects? Or is it too soon?

Wed May 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Wow, great looking axe. I agree, I like the simplistic controls versus over complex

Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am

Very, very nice indeed. Enjoy!

Scott

Thu May 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanks again for all the compliments, and I am indeed enjoying it very much!

Fri May 17, 2013 9:03 am

LeeW wrote:Thanks again for all the compliments, and I am indeed enjoying it very much!

How does the tone compare to the ASAT Super?

Sun May 19, 2013 9:35 pm

Do you mean my ASAT HB special build? The Fallout's tone is a bit more bright/middy and less full, for lack of a better word, than the ASAT. Then again, the ASAT is all mahogany...

Mon May 20, 2013 5:56 am

The finish and the wavey shape of the pickguard give the guitar a kind of cosmic look. I really like it, although I also love the classic colours they showcased when the Fallout came out.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:07 am

I really have a crush on this new model, based on specs and design. Was looking for a Duesenberg with this combi of pups (HB + P90) and just discovered this new Fallout thanks to your thread. I thought the HB was splittable (like the mustang kurt cobain) but it looks it's not ?
Other question : Can you confirm it's not a shortscale like the fender mustang ?

If anyone can do a review on youtube, most welcome !

This model hasn't arrived yet in Europe I think, and difficult to find reviews... I'm having a baby in september and like for my first daughter, I'm going to buy a 2013 made guitar for her ;)

Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:38 am

cedz wrote:Other question : Can you confirm it's not a shortscale like the fender mustang ?

G&L hasn't made a shortscale US model since 1982. The only G&L that isn't 25.5" is the Tribute Ascari built in Asia. I really wish they would reissue the 24.75" G-200 sometime.

Ken

Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:58 am

Chalk another one up for G&L on this model. I think they are very cool. The color combination of Graphite Metallic with the black PG on this is appealing.

These look like they have a slightly smaller scale headstock compared with SC's is this true?

Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:43 am

what a cutie ! :happy0065:

Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:42 am

I have a fallout (Sunburst with white pickguard from Upfront Guitars) and a mahogany SC2 and I love them both. The headstock is a little smaller on the fallout - the shape facing floorwards is a little closer to the line of the neck ( ie less wood outside the line of the neck) on the fallout. They both are very comfortable to play with the SC2 having a cleaner midrange and the fallout a little more grunt in the lower midrange. I like the fallout tuned down better (also because the SC2 has a tremelo bridge). Its almost like the SC2 has a tenor voice while the fallout tends to baritone if that makes sense. Pictures have been asked for but may have to wait due to many other commitments - but I will get some done when I can...

Jeremy

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:01 am

Great looking guitar!

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:29 pm

Looks hot - I think.

Only one pic?!

O.o

Can we see it in the sunlight? Some more shots?

please.

it really is the sexiest fallout I've ever seen though. nice choices.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:00 am

Salmon wrote:Chalk another one up for G&L on this model. I think they are very cool. The color combination of Graphite Metallic with the black PG on this is appealing.

These look like they have a slightly smaller scale headstock compared with SC's is this true?

Yes, this is true. See the Overview page: Fallout

Balancing out the aesthetics is a sleeker interpretation of the ‘80s-era G&L headstock shape designed exclusively for the Fallout.

:ugeek: