Second set of photos from the Factory for 2014 ...

Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:46 pm

Here are the second set of photos for 2014, which were posted on G&L's Facebook page:

Alley Cat Music in State College, Pennsylvania, has commissioned us to build what they've dubbed "ASAT Cat" models just for them.
Imagine an ASAT Special outfitted with an S-500 rw/rp middle pickup, 5-way selector plus a push pull to get all seven possible pickup combos.
This particular "ASAT Cat" deletes the pickguard and goes with rear mount controls for a clean look. What really knocks us out, however,
is the vivid marbling in the equatorial mahogany body and the way the Autumnburst finish highlights it.

Here's an ASAT Classic in Himalayan Blue with top binding.

Here's an ASAT Classic in Redburst over swamp ash with a 1-ply black guard. Looks mean to us. What do you think?

In the paint shop: Black Ice Collection bodies.

Here's a Black Ice Collection ASAT Deluxe II.

More Black Ice Collection: Here's a Legacy Deluxe.

Here's a Black Ice Collection M-2000.

Here's a Bluesboy Semi-Hollow in Clear Red over swamp ash.

Now this is flat out gorgeous. Bluesboy Semi-Hollow in Honeyburst over swamp ash with wood binding and 3-ply creme guard.

Here's a Fallout in Belair Green with a pearl guard

Here's an L-2500 in Blueburst over swamp ash with wood binding. Show of hands: who's got a Blueburst G&L?

Here's an L-2500 in Emerald Blue Metallic. Good opportunity to contrast this color with the S-500 yesterday.

Here's an LB-100 in Spanish Copper Metallic with matching headstock any tortoise guard.

Lefty S-500 in Emerald Green Metallic with a 3-ply mint guard and black covers. Southpaw sweetness.

Here's a Legacy HB in Vintage White with a tortoise guard.

Here's a Legacy Special in Yukon Gold Metallic with a Saddle Lock bridge, Vintage Tint Gloss maple neck, 3-ply white guard and black knobs.
We think it's way cool. How about you?

Here's a Legacy in Blueburst, flame maple over swamp ash, pearl guard, rosewood and Light Tint Gloss neck finish.
The iPhone doesn't do it justice to the top, but.... Blueburst = sexy.

Here's an M-2500 in Gloss White with matching headstock, ebony fretless with neck binding. So sweet.

M-2500. It's naturally delicious.

Here's an S-500 in Ruby Red Metallic with a matching headstock, 3-ply creme guard, black covers and knobs.
Whoever ordered this, you have imagination and we salute you. The iPhone doesn't do justice to this sweet S-500.

Here's a Savannah Collection Bluesboy 90. The grain in the Korina top is really nice and Autumnburst(*) finish frames it perfectly.
Pau Ferro fingerboard, Light Tint Gloss neck finish, and a 1-ply black guard round out this beauty.

(*)Note: The body color finish is actually Old School Tobacco Sunburst.
Last edited by Craig on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected the actual body color of the Savannah Collection Bluesboy-90 -it is Old School Tobacco Sunburst

Re: Second set of photos from the Factory for 2014 ...

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:22 pm

I'm digging the Fallout , the Ruby red S 500 , I would love to hear the dual blade buckers in the Legacy and that darn Cat ( ASAT CAT) is killing me

Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:00 am

Autumnburst pops up on yet another model……nice Ally Cat, love the Emerald Blue Metallic L-2500, Blueburst L-2500, Ruby Red S-500 and Savannah Bluesboy 90.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:34 am

love the asats with redburst and autumnburst... with the p-90 on neck position... miam...

Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:27 am

meursault wrote:love the asats with redburst and autumnburst... with the p-90 on neck position... miam...

The Savannah Collection Bluesboy-90 body finish is actually Old School Tobacco Sunburst. I added a note to reflect this in my post.
Of this set of insturments, the ASAT Cat with the Autumn Burst finish on Equatorial Mahogany is my favorite. :thumbup:

:ugeek:

Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:47 am

Not a bad one in the bunch. The M-2000 with the black ice looks like it was carved out of stone. That ASAT Cat tho.... :o :o :o I wouldn't even sell it, I would leave it on the wall to take more orders. Don't even let anyone touch it, they would drool too much. :shifty: What a beauty. :thumbup:

Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:09 pm

That S-500 ruby red is a real looker. It's almost impossible to go wrong with a creme pick guard. I will be in the minority I'm sure but that ally cat tele , while having a nice grain does nothing for me. I can't be the only one who thinks that middle pick up ruins the look of the guitar.