The Tomahawk

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:42 pm

Been awhile since I've been on here, but here is a project I just finished called The Tomahawk! 2 MFD's, 1 volume, 3 way toggle, (series, parallel, and a third tone I'd call Thrash Twang)! It turned out as COOL as I hoped, (except for the headstock which I see as a sickle-bump Interceptor neck). Now can I get some consultant design work??

Re: The Tomahawk

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:56 am

Would like to hear what she sounds like..

Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Looks fun, the finish kind of detracts from the cleanliness of the rest of the guitar though.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:08 am

I dig it.

The finish just screams to be abused and the whole guitar looks like it wants to be used.

How does she sound with that PuP combination?

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:14 am

sirmyghin wrote:Looks fun, the finish kind of detracts from the cleanliness of the rest of the guitar though.

True, Maybe dirty up those covers a bit ..and start playing the hell out of it.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:53 pm

The look I'm going after is definitely "abuse"!! I just have to get the fingerboard and rest dirtied up, (gonna take a few months of playing) to match the body. Its definitely become my new gigging guitar. It sounds like a beefy ASAT on steroids in the middle toggle position, flip the switch and you have an icy tele-tone, flip again and you have 70's Funk tone. I'm extremely happy with the outcome and have already started the process to make another!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:50 pm

ooh! going to build another?

Fantastic :D