Question On Editing A Video.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:06 pm

I have a MAC 10.4.11 operating system. I have just received my AGATES DVD back and it has chapter markers for each song. I want to extract each song individually and post certain ones to you-tube. The two products that I have are IDVD and TOAST. The Apple store will not help me as this is not a new computer. I have read all the documentation for both applications and It appears that I should be able to do this with TOAST. I cannot make it happen and have spent many hours doing different things with zero results. Can this be done with either product? The video is Video TS file type. If anyone has ideas or has done this with either of these products, I would appreciate a PM. Thanks in advance.---Darwin

Re: Question On Editing A Video.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:06 pm

darwinohm wrote:I have a MAC 10.4.11 operating system. I have just received my AGATES DVD back and it has chapter markers for each song. I want to extract each song individually and post certain ones to you-tube. The two products that I have are IDVD and TOAST. The Apple store will not help me as this is not a new computer. I have read all the documentation for both applications and It appears that I should be able to do this with TOAST. I cannot make it happen and have spent many hours doing different things with zero results. Can this be done with either product? The video is Video TS file type. If anyone has ideas or has done this with either of these products, I would appreciate a PM. Thanks in advance.---Darwin

This seemed to be a better forum for your question:

You might try using iMovie, which should be one of the included apps on you Mac, to edit the DVD chapters and export them. There is online help in the app, too.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Re: Question On Editing A Video.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Holy smokes Craig, I hadn't even thought of that and yes, I should have put it on that forum. I do not have that application. I probably will have to update to a newer version of OS but it sure complicates Pro Tools. Thanks a bunch!-- Darwin

Edit. I found I-Movie. It was not on my dock but I found it my applications. I think I am off and running. Thanks Craig, you are the best!-- Darwin