New ASAT pickup combo/wiring

Wed May 09, 2012 7:12 am

I have a tele style parts guitar that I mess around with from time to time trying different things. Being a G&L lover I tried something a little different and am pleasantly surprised at the results. I have a standard G&L ASAT bridge pickup teamed up with an SD mini HB in the neck. I have it wired like an S-500 which involved adding an addtional knob to the control plate. Basically a PTB wiring on a tele style guitar. The sound of this guitar is just awesome and with the PTB system it is very versatile. I can get many different tones out of this guitar. I'm surprised G&L has not already done something like this with the ASAT as the results are spectacular.

Re: New ASAT pickup combo/wiring

Wed May 09, 2012 7:42 am

wired wrote:I have a tele style parts guitar that I mess around with from time to time trying different things. Being a G&L lover I tried something a little different and am pleasantly surprised at the results. I have a standard G&L ASAT bridge pickup teamed up with an SD mini HB in the neck. I have it wired like an S-500 which involved adding an addtional knob to the control plate. Basically a PTB wiring on a tele style guitar. The sound of this guitar is just awesome and with the PTB system it is very versatile. I can get many different tones out of this guitar. I'm surprised G&L has not already done something like this with the ASAT as the results are spectacular.

Please post some photos, see READ THIS FIRST - About The Project Page sub-forum ....

Thanks.

:ugeek:

Mon May 14, 2012 2:14 pm

[thumb=][/thumb]
Last edited by wired on Mon May 14, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 14, 2012 2:20 pm

I can't seem to figure out how to add a photo. I looked at the guidelines for adding photos but it doesn't make sense to me.

Mon May 14, 2012 2:23 pm

wired wrote:I can't seem to figure out how to add a photo. I looked at the guidelines for adding photos but it doesn't make sense to me.

you have to upload it to the internet somewhere, and than post the location. you can't post from your hard drive.

Thu May 17, 2012 11:36 am

pwpimages

pwpimages

I should add that I elongated the control plate a little. The three controls fit on a standard control plate but it was very tight and I had to use one minature size pot to make it work. Making the control plate a little longer works far better.
Last edited by wired on Thu May 17, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 34 times in total.

Thu May 17, 2012 11:42 am

still having trouble with the tutorial?

Thu May 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Thanks, finally figured it out.

Thu May 17, 2012 2:51 pm

wired wrote:Thanks, finally figured it out.

only 34 tries :mrgreen: