Potentiometers or Pots.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:30 pm

Are the really expensive ones worth it?

I found this video where the guy experiments with them. The graph about audio verse linear pots and the manufactures is worth a look at the video.

[youtube]RdfIZEB2rdM[/youtube]

Re: Potentiometers or Pots.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:02 pm

you have to use a linear taper pot different than an audio taper. when you use them like an audio taper pot, you get undesirable results. like this guy. i only use linear taper for volume pots and they are smooth as can be. but you have to roll it on differently. all the different values are represented on each one, just in a different range. i gave this guy some advice on treble bleed stuff, he had very little knowledge when he made his videos.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:05 pm

This has probably been covered previously, but I couldn't find it in a search. What pots does G&L provide on the U.S. ASAT series?

In a different thread, Louis states that the stock pots could be improved upon. I am curious what he finds deficient in the G&L stock pots. I am completely satisfied with the operation of the pots on my recent ASAT Classic purchase.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:28 pm

suave eddie wrote:This has probably been covered previously, but I couldn't find it in a search. What pots does G&L provide on the U.S. ASAT series?

In a different thread, Louis states that the stock pots could be improved upon. I am curious what he finds deficient in the G&L stock pots. I am completely satisfied with the operation of the pots on my recent ASAT Classic purchase.

they are too tight for my taste, and not linear in the volume.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:54 am

I can see how they might be too tight for some tastes. I like the feel personally.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:54 pm

suave eddie wrote:I can see how they might be too tight for some tastes. I like the feel personally.

it is all about how well it works for you. i actually replace the tone pot with a tighter one, i want that one to stay put unless i want to change it. if you use the volume knob for violining, that becomes difficult with all but the loosest pots.