HELP!!! Im upgrading with three pickups and PTB tone circuit

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi everyone!
This is my first post.
I have a made in USA Ovation Predator Strat style Guitar. I just purchased and received a set of Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups and a new pick-guard drilled to accept three DPDT ON_OFF_ON switches to replace the 5 position stock unit, which will allow me more flexibility in pickup selection both in and out of phase.
Way back in time I played a G&L S-500 and was very impressed with the sound and feel of the PTB wiring.
My question is, I saw the post of November 26, 2010 by burndog on this site, re: S-500 wiring, and am wondering if his "Picture 3", was complete and accurate so that I can follow that capacitor value and placement on my guitar.
Also It would be most helpful to have a wiring diagram of the PTB circuit with the three DPDT switches connected in the circuit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for any input.

Re: HELP!!! Im upgrading with three pickups and PTB tone circuit

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:10 am

Hello and welcome. If you have a look in the gallery section of the forum (from the homepage) theres a photo of the S-500 all wired up. This diagram is for the Legacy PTB but I dare say it's the same as the S-500. SOmeone correct me if I'm wrong!

Re: HELP!!! Im upgrading with three pickups and PTB tone circuit

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:47 am

The Legacy is 99% the same wiring as the S-500 save for the mini-toggle switch (which you can ignore) and an extra capacitor on the bass cut tone pot. I don't know what the extra capacitor does or whether you can safely leave it out?