The Birth Of A Bluesboy Bigsby

Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:47 pm

I regrouped last night and started today at 11:45 AM. The conversion was complete at 3:15 pm and an other hour and 15 minutes for a complete setup including a .005 shim in the neck. I gave it a test drive and it is what I had hoped and expected. This is an Alder body and was resonate to start with. The sustain is awesome and I believe that it has improved. Time will tell. It was a challenge and everything lined up perfectly. I took many pictures and will post them tomorrow and it may be boring for some, but if you like projects, this was intense. Absolutely no marks, scratches or screwups which is amazing . Here are the pictures of the completed project.

Glare from the lights.

The bridge cover is now on.

I think Leo would have been proud of the F logo.

Time for a cold one!--- Darwin :rolleyes:
Last edited by darwinohm on Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The Birth Of A Bluesboy Bigsby

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Congrats, well done !
....that's a mighty good looking tone machine.
I'm looking forward to the detailed pics and stories,

Elwood

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Great work Darwin, and quick too. It looks like your patience and careful planning have paid off - that looks like a perfect installation - those stings are as centered over the pickup pole peices as ever.

You have some surprising guitars in your collection - like that V in the background with the Floyd Rose! Love those Gretsch 'cowboy' guitars too. :thumbup:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Very well done Darwin, glad you got the problems all sorted out.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:06 pm

Well done indeed sir :happy0065: Cheers!

- Jos