Matcha green and wiring diagram for Bluesboy

Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:18 am

Hi
This is my first post on the forum so apologies if I am in the wrong place.
I have an Indonesian ASAT classic Bluesboy.
I want to do a couple of things to it, firstly the bridge pickup is not standard and I want to change it back to the original MFD type so I am looking for the original wiring diagram. I should add that the PO has split the neck pickup and added a small toggle switch, I plan to remove this.
Secondly, I want to refinish in Matcha green, does anyone know the RAL code for this colour or something very close. I am in the UK.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Regards Andy.

Re: Matcha green and wiring diagram for Bluesboy

Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:01 am

Andy 600 wrote:Hi
This is my first post on the forum so apologies if I am in the wrong place.
I have an Indonesian ASAT classic Bluesboy.
I want to do a couple of things to it, firstly the bridge pickup is not standard and I want to change it back to the original MFD type so I am looking for the original wiring diagram. I should add that the PO has split the neck pickup and added a small toggle switch, I plan to remove this.
Secondly, I want to refinish in Matcha green, does anyone know the RAL code for this colour or something very close. I am in the UK.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Regards Andy.

Since your post here is for gathering information for a future project, it would have been better to have posted in another forum, see:
READ THIS FIRST - About The Project Page sub-forum.

But, I will go ahead and leave this post here and respond to it now.

Regarding the bridge MFD pickup: There is a reason for the factory modified bridge pickup on the ASAT Classic Bluesboy models (Tribute and US).
The ground on the plate is changed (changed from the stock pickup) so that the neck humbucker and bridge pickups will sound good together.
See the ASAT Classic Bluesboy picture diagrams located in our GbL Gallery: ASAT Classic Bluesboy Picture Diagrams.

It sounds like your Tribute AC Bluesboy has had the neck pickup replaced or modified, because the stock neck humbucker is not splittable.
See this List of pickups used in G&L guitars post in our G&L Knowledgebase forum and look at the G&L A2S4248N Alnico II magnet humbucker entry which is the stock pickup.

Regarding the code for the Matcha Green color, you might contact Memo Romero (G&L Service Manager) at repairs@glguitars.com and ask him for the
paint code(s).

Once you get this stuff sorted out and are ready to post about your Project, go ahead and add your Project post here in this sub-forum.

Hope this helps.

Re: Matcha green and wiring diagram for Bluesboy

Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:44 pm

Craig
Thanks for the reply. I will try the contact regarding paint.
As for the neck pickup, you are correct, it has been replaced with a Seymour Duncan humbucker.