Need a pickguard tracing for a Comanche Tribute project

Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:15 pm

I want to put 3 mini humbuckers in a Comanche Tribute body but I don’t have a tracing of the pickguard to get a custom one made. Would anyone be able to message me a tracing of the pickguard so I could send it in to be made? Huge thanks in advance!

Re: Need a pickguard tracing for a Comanche Tribute project

Sun May 02, 2021 12:32 pm

Let us know if you are able to get a tracing from someone and how things go with this project. I have a factory 2nd Tribute Comanche body on the way for a similar project. I'll probably go with two humbuckers or an HSH configuration.

I plan on just using a US Legacy pickguard to trace the outline on stencil material and then I'll just mark off the actual screw hole centers with the stencil placed onto the body. I haven't talked to the pickguard place yet to find out if this is sufficient or if they'll want the pickup holes defined also. I don't have a scanner but I may be able to swing by FedEx and get a scan for you once I create it if someone else doesn't step up and get one to you sooner.

Sun May 02, 2021 1:27 pm

bigjim711 wrote:Let us know if you are able to get a tracing from someone and how things go with this project. I have a factory 2nd Tribute Comanche body on the way for a similar project. I'll probably go with two humbuckers or an HSH configuration.

I plan on just using a US Legacy pickguard to trace the outline on stencil material and then I'll just mark off the actual screw hole centers with the stencil placed onto the body. I haven't talked to the pickguard place yet to find out if this is sufficient or if they'll want the pickup holes defined also. I don't have a scanner but I may be able to swing by FedEx and get a scan for you once I create it if someone else doesn't step up and get one to you sooner.

That would be awesome!! I haven’t had any luck finding a tracing yet so keep me posted with your project too! I’d be happy to pay for shipping from FedEx too, brother!

Tue May 04, 2021 2:02 pm

So the US pick guard I tried did not fit the neck pocket. I pulled the pick guard off of a 2020 S-500 and the neck pocket fit but only 7 or 8 screw holes lined up (and the body I’m using is also a 2020 I think so there is definitely variation). Send me a mailing address in a Private Message and I’ll send you a tracing minus screw holes and pickup cutouts. Let me know if you want the three pot holes and slider switch cutout on there.

Tue May 04, 2021 4:36 pm

bigjim711 wrote:So the US pick guard I tried did not fit the neck pocket. I pulled the pick guard off of a 2020 S-500 and the neck pocket fit but only 7 or 8 screw holes lined up (and the body I’m using is also a 2020 I think so there is definitely variation). Send me a mailing address in a Private Message and I’ll send you a tracing minus screw holes and pickup cutouts. Let me know if you want the three pot holes and slider switch cutout on there.

PM sent!