View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 my pitch to G&L: THE ASAT NICHE 

Post my pitch to G&L: THE ASAT NICHE
Hello, everyone. I hope this finds the right eyes.

Meet the G&L Niche. The concept behind this design is to create an amalgam of G&L achievements, both aesthetic and functional, both old and new, into a sort of oddball, but monstrous modern tone machine.

This is my dream guitar. What's frustrating is, while this configuration isn't possible, it's really CLOSE to being possible. What do you all think? Do you like the design? Do you "get" what I'm going for? Would YOU want to get your hands on an ASAT NICHE? ;)

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:48 pm

Post Re: my pitch to G&L: THE ASAT NICHE
Now that is something I like! :thumbup:

Even if old headstock not possible, the rest would made a cool Custom Creation. This would fit in Jag's lunch report the other day. Thanks for sharing.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:51 am

sam wrote:
Now that is something I like! :thumbup:

Even if old headstock not possible, the rest would made a cool Custom Creation. This would fit in Jag's lunch report the other day. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I mean, the headstock would be the same as what they're using for the Doheny/fallout/etc. I think the big stumbling block would be the pickups, but that's the main attraction! This would be the last guitar I'd ever have to buy! <3<3<3

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:27 am

I like it! Looks like a fun guitar to me. I'd think the neck pickup would really just be a custom wind / magnet configuration in the current large MFD bridge pickup to try to mimic the new Jazz MFD pickup. I'd love to see the HG-2R be reintroduced. I would pretty stoked to try a guitar with this pickup. I always thought the HG should of had the slanted HB in the bridge position to mirror the SC-2 more.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]