Z-coils in ESP

Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:06 am

This is not my project but obviously someone's project. Buy the z-coils and get a guitar for free. I posted it here more of a project curiosity than as a PSA. Someone thinks these pickups are cool. :ugeek:

https://reverb.com/item/978168-esp-ltd- ... il-pickups

Re: Z-coils in ESP

Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:30 pm

Good idea, but that "pickguard" is pug-fugly!!

Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:00 am

A face only a mother could love - but she could be jivin' too! :happy0007:

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:54 am

:shocked003: I'm not sure about the Floyd rose and that whatever guard around the pickups. For how much could you get the Z coils for without the wood? (Retail I guess)

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:34 pm

Tomas83 wrote::shocked003: I'm not sure about the Floyd rose and that whatever guard around the pickups. For how much could you get the Z coils for without the wood? (Retail I guess)

Check out the G&L On-Line Store:

PICKUP - MFD Z-COIL SET WITH ZINC POLE PIECES
PICKUP - MFD Z-COIL
PICKUP - MFD Z-COIL WILL RAY BRIDGE

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:57 am

Thanks Craig. That helps a lot. I think I was looking at that page earlier and there weren't that many options. Now question is the zinc going to sound different on the pole pieces than the nickel ones that are currently in the production?

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:30 pm

Tomas83 wrote:Thanks Craig. That helps a lot. I think I was looking at that page earlier and there weren't that many options. Now question is the zinc going to sound different on the pole pieces than the nickel ones that are currently in the production?

No, you probably will not hear a difference. You will see a difference, though.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:23 pm

Thanks Craig, the esthetics don't really concern me :-)