Finished 1984 SuperHawk Project

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:05 am

For any of you that may have seen my original post from a few months back when I bought this guitar, it's finally finished and I'm really liking this guitar. I bought this guitar off ebay not knowing somebody had spray painted red and was unsure of the production date. After getting the guitar and some help from some great people on this site I found out it was originally white and was a 1984. I have posted pictures of what it looked like when I got it and what it looks like now. Check it out!

I installed a new hybrid Kaller trem, German Schaller locking tuners, bone nut, all new electronics, and had a local shop make a vinyl decal for my tribute to Cantrell.

Re: Finished 1984 SuperHawk Project

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:27 am

Nice work! :happy0065:

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:58 am

Nice! So, you were able to get it more or less down to the original white finish?

Ken

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:51 am

KenC wrote:Nice! So, you were able to get it more or less down to the original white finish?

Ken

Yes, I did my best to sand of the red paint and primer without removing anymore of the original white that had aged yellow. I did all the sanding by hand and made a mess in my basement but I really liked how it turned out. When I first got it I planned on completely refinishing the body but once I got to the original finish I thought I would see how much was left and go from there.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:55 am

That's a great job!. I love the fact that you restored it to the original worn finish.
-Bill

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:44 am

Now that's a guitar with attitude!

Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:30 am

Cool piece! You are a patient man if you were able to do all of that sanding. Congrats on your work.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:43 pm

That's great work, really liking that finish and the decal is real cool. Enjoy your hawk!