Anyone have input on EV N/D767a microphones?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:05 am

I'm trying to get used to singing into a mic, as I haven't done it in about 10 months. The problem is that my Shure SM58 is lost in my storage unit somewhere. It surely must be in the one box that I can't possibly get to. So, I figure it'll take me 3-4 hours of moving stuff in order to find it, possibly destroying my back, or I can buy another to have as a spare. Does anyone have any experience with the Electro-Voice N/D767a mic (Lead Vocalist/supercardioid) I have a line on a used one at a pretty good price. The reviews on it look pretty good. Input? Opinions? Thanks.

Re: Anyone have input on EV N/D767a microphones?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:59 pm

I've got three 457's and two 967s. The EVs are excellent mics. Lots of output and very focussed sound.

RickT

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:46 pm

I have a couple of nice EV mikes I can lend you. I don't have them in front of me, but I bought them about 20 years ago for a hundred bucks each, was a lot! They don't have on/off switch, though.. - ed

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks for your input on the EV mic's, RickT and Ed.

And Ed, that's real cool of you to make such an offer. I appreciate it. :cheer: If I can buy this one right tomorrow, then I might snag it. Otherwise, don't be surprised if I take you up on your generous offer . It does sort or gall me to have to buy new mic's when I have two new ones sitting in a box that can't be found presently.

BTW: Ed, it sounds like you've written a good number of songs. What sort of stuff is that you write, stylistically

Thanks again, gent's.

Good night.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:45 pm

The songs are a bit hard to characterize. My brother and I have accumulated a bunch. He may be the better writer, but I've written quite a few.
With his, I take them rough and work them up and polish them.

Regarding the mics, happy to lend them out. I'm not using them at the moment, but I hope to one day. They're supposed to be good. If you're really interested, I'll get you more info (model number, specs., etc...) - ed

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:12 pm

Thanks again for your incredibly cool offer, Ed. I did end up buying the EV from the dude yesterday. It seems to work fine. It came with a mic cord (XLR/XLR), little boom stand, and samson pop filter.