What the heck? I already have the real one...

Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:28 pm

I just saw this in my Facebook timeline.

A new Fender Dimension Bass?
It looks kinda familiar, don't you think? :roll:

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/1 ... ies-basses

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... t=1&ref=nf

Kate

Re: What the heck? I already have the real one...

Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:36 pm

It sure does Kate! -- Darwin

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:15 pm

Hmmm, the best part of an El Toro meets the worst part of a Fallout. I like the opening line about "the company that invented the electric bass". It's one thing to own the rights to some trademarks, and another to claim responsibility for work somebody else did sixty years ago... :shocked028:

Ken

Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:09 am

KenC wrote:Hmmm, the best part of an El Toro meets the worst part of a Fallout. I like the opening line about "the company that invented the electric bass". It's one thing to own the rights to some trademarks, and another to claim responsibility for work somebody else did sixty years ago... :shocked028:

Ken

the company did invent it, they are not saying who exactly. one big advantage fender has though, is that they put together a great sounding demo. most g&l demos on the bbe website or on youtube sound really bad, i mean the recording quality just blows.

[youtube]OxkXfSD-CvE[/youtube]

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:12 pm

KenC wrote:Hmmm, the best part of an El Toro meets the worst part of a Fallout.

:happy0065:

The video needs more slapping.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:22 pm

blargfromouterspace wrote:
KenC wrote:Hmmm, the best part of an El Toro meets the worst part of a Fallout.

:happy0065:

The video needs more slapping.

I hadn't listened to it. I need to edit my first comment:

Hmmm, the best part of an El Toro meets the worst part of a Fallout...for folks who don't want to pay Musicman prices and haven't heard of an L-1500...

As if the El Toro meets Fallout aesthetic wasn't obvious enough, they're calling the it the "HH" model just like a Musicman. I think my 1.5K could run rings around these things - and look much better in the process!

Ken

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:40 pm

I agree that the video is good but I think it is more than just the audio.

That slapping Mango dude was the best segment.

I have observed how some people do not like the pickguard on the Fallout. I don't think I have seen anyone say they liked it. So I will come forward and proclaim I like the pickguard on the Fallout and I like the pickguard on this bass even more. It is much better than the partial moon shape that many G&L basses use. I think this bass looks very cool while I think there are more basses that look fugly than good.