Recording session...

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:07 pm

We (The Mad Maggies) just finished recording our 4th album. This one is full of Mad Maggified vintage covers (we usually do originals). Here's a few pics from Wally's studio in Oakland, CA:

Yours truly with my Legacy (and a "deer in the headlights" face after a way too early in the morning rhythm section take):

The Mesa Express 5:25 with paraphernalia (the amp was hooked to my Tone-Tools cab which was isolated from the room so my sound wouldn't bleed into the drum mics):

Wally with Bill on drums in the "tent" (Bill is a phenomenal drummer!):

Lewis with his usual Cheshire grin ("Cheshire" was not my original word choice--"<censored>"! LOL!):

Death is always watching! (He's our mascot and attends every gig--he once ran off with a Funk band, but we got him back!):

Maggie and Wally in the control room (notice the 2" tape--we do it "old school." BTW, Wally's studio doesn't look "state of the art" but he is well known in the local music scene for producing GREAT sound. He's the man!):

We also had Johny on tuba, David on trombone, Rhian on whistle and clarinet ,and Adrian on various saxs and bass clarinet. It was a FUN project!

The CD will be available in April. I'll post a song or two after it's mastered.

((I LOVE the edit feature of the new board! Thanks Craig and Co.))

Peace...

GDub

Re: Recording session...

Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Nice! Recording is always challenging but fun.
We're about to go into the studio ourselves. It'll be our first disc.
Nice studio. Those cozy, informal ones are the best.

Good luck with the new CD!

Re: Recording session...

Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:03 am

GDub wrote:Image

"I can't hear you and I like it that way."

Looking forward to hearing a track, G.