Anyone every use a Korg kaossilator ?

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:06 pm

My son wants to get one and I was just wondering if someone out there has experience with it. Thanks.

http://www.korg.co.uk/products/dance_dj/kaossilator/kaossilator.asp

89skyhawk

Re: Anyone every use a Korg kaossilator ?

Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:04 am

One of the Korg guys gave me a demo at NAMM and that thing is a trip! Looks like a lot of fun if you've got the patience to learn how to use it.

Re: Anyone every use a Korg kaossilator ?

Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:30 pm

I have one, and it is pretty fun. It's mostly oriented toward dance music styles, such as house, disco, techno, etc. It's really really easy to use, and you can probably craft a song in about 10 minutes with no music knowledge (although that helps, especially time signatures). The sound is actually pretty decent too, with an alright stereo output for it with RCA jacks or headphones.

About the only thing is they're fairly delicate. I accidentally shipped mine and something pressed up against the touch pad causing it to have a "dead spot" there. It probably wasn't too much pressure, so I'd say make sure you keep the box and don't smash it or punch it or anything.

Other than that, for the price, it is a load of fun and probably a good way to get someone interested in music who might not play an instrument already. Especially if you play along with songs they make and have fun.