Re: I don't get it..............

Wed May 29, 2013 11:38 pm

I don't think you're the only one.

Frankly whenever I see the CALL notice I reckon it's out of my range/not worth my time.

But it's really interesting to see different perspectives.

Thu May 30, 2013 12:49 am

It's a waste of everyones time too. A few places around here just show the RRP, and will try to sell it to you at that price. This might work on uninformed mothers buying presents for their kids, but when a salesman tries to sell me an MXR phaser for $280 saying he can't budge on the price, when I could go online and get one for $70, I walk out. I wasted the salesman's time, he wasted mine and nobody is happy. Surely it's good business practice to have people leave your shop happy!

Thu May 30, 2013 5:48 am

What's wrong with you guys? Don't you like to play the guessing game with dealers?

Why can't you guys pay full retail price to help stimulate the economy? It's the American thing to do....

Will

Thu May 30, 2013 7:24 am

It seems to me like a waste of my time and their's maybe the dealers are lonely or the salespeople just like to answer the phone. If we all done like
Will suggested guys like me with very little disposable income out of the game.

Willy

Thu May 30, 2013 1:39 pm

i recently had a go-round with a dealer who listed a guitar on Gbase. He claimed to have listed it as "Call" because he wanted to be able to make sure that guitar was described in the proper way. Anyway, he gave me a price and I said I'd think about it. Called back the next day and got a different guy and a different price. That pretty much told me all I needed to know about that dealer. Pass.

Thu May 30, 2013 3:31 pm

To get serious for a moment, I'm a great believer of buying guitars on eBay. The sellers have to set a price, and if you're not in a great hurry, just keep doing a search for a particular guitar on there and eventually you'll usually find one for a pretty good price.

Dealers who don't have prices listed are hoping to reel you in on an overpriced guitar. Tim Page and I don't play that game....

Will

Thu May 30, 2013 5:23 pm

the old phone trick ... get them to call you , then tell them how rare and special it is over the other guitars on web right before you hit them with a high price ... lol... yes it wastes everybody's time

Thu May 30, 2013 7:27 pm

This explains it--these are the types of people you are dealing with.

phpBB [video]

Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:19 pm

I'll give you fifty dollars for it right now. :thumbup: