Do You Remember Patsy Cline?

Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:59 pm

It will be 50 years this coming March since Patsy died tragically. We do some of her songs and they are always loved by our audiences. Here are a couple covered by our band, The Agates.

Sweet Dreams. Lead Singer is Kelly Scott. http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/main.php?g2_itemId=10862

Crazy. I believe it may have been written by Willie Nelson. Again, done by Kelly, and Terry, our drummer finishes it as Willie.
http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/main.php?g2_itemId=10864

I hope you enjoy them, They are from a live concert with a home video recording. -- Darwin

Re: Do You Remember Patsy Cline?

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Very nicely done and great renditions. Kelly has a fantastic voice for these kind of songs. The longing, the hurt, ...

- Jos

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:26 am

I love Patsy Cline's songs. Your covers have wonderful vocals, but I also really like the lead guitar parts. They fit perfectly. I also enjoyed the cover of You Belong to Me on your CD. It was a cover for her too, but I think you guys really got her vibe on it.

My other favorite that Patsy Cline covered was Faded Love (which George claimed was Leo's favorite song, BTW).

Ken

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:57 am

Vocals were stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks everyone. Kelly is a great singer and I will post some rock and roll that she does in the future. I am downloading this Album into the gallery and I believe you can view there if you wish. -- Darwin

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:51 am

Hey Darwin! Great covers!

Yes, Willie Nelson wrote Crazy & a lot of other songs: http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/willie_nelson

Happy Holidays! :greet:

Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Great stuff Darwin. I love Patsy Cline, especially when she does that little roar/snarl. The way you do Sweet Dreams reminds me of the Emmylou Harris version, excellent!

Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Lefty, thanks, I thought it was written by Willie. I didn't realize how many songs he has written

Jamie, You are correct. I do the bass work more like the Emmy Lou version. -- Darwin

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 pm

FWIW, on a somewhat related note, Crystal Bowersox, a runner-up on Idol and originating from a few miles from here, is headed to play the part of Patsy on Broadway soon. Patsy was amazing, and young Crystal is a very talented young woman in her own right.

We recently saw Crystal in Toledo; the home crowd got treated to all 12 of her new songs from the CD that just came out, and only 2 of her older songs and one JJ cover. Which was brave in it's own right. Very amazing, especially since the band behind her only got to practice with her twice (Monte Mar is the name of the band.) Great show. I'm sure she will do justice to her role above the footlights.

I hope nobody minds me taking the thread on a little detour.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:44 am

i have no idea who patsy cline is.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:01 am

Louis, Patsy was a very popular young country singer who was killed in an airplane crash 50 years ago.

Oogie, good luck to the young lady doing Patsy on Broadway. Our lead singer Kelly does Patsy about as good as it gets.-- Darwin

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:26 am

I Enjoyed listining to your recordings Great songs great singing great playing

Everbody should at least give those old Patsy Cline recordings a listen. besides Patsy there is some of the best musicians of the 50's on those recordings. Grady Martin on guitar Floyd Cramer on piano Hank Garland plays guitar on I Fall To pieces. HanK Garland & Billy Byrd had a Gibson signature guitar the ByrdLand lone before eveybody with a hit record had one. Its worth a listen even if you don't like that kind of music

Willy