New Song-My Daughter Kari

Tue May 31, 2011 6:55 pm

I was doing some listening tonight. This is as country as it gets. This is my daughter Kari doing vocals and I do the guitar work. We have not added drums yet and it is a work in progress so it will get drums, final editing and a mix before it is completed. This is the fun part of recording. She will have about 12 songs and 10 of them are recorded. Dad has to get busy. It is her version of Wildwood Flower, very country.

1 Wildwood Flower11-14.mp3 - 2.78MB

Darwin.

Re: New Song-My Daughter Kari

Tue May 31, 2011 9:15 pm

Great version Darwin! Great solo in the middle although it sounded slightly overdriven through my speakers. And some nifty lefty-righty meshing of 2 guitars before the last coda.

- Jos

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:13 am

I need to practice more :thumbup:

Nice tune, nice singing and nice playing my friend. :thumbup:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:09 am

Good stuff Darwin, keep us posted on the continuing project. Which one (or two or three.....) of your fine instruments were we listening to?

Scott

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:19 pm

Sounds good Darwin, I would say a little less verb and such on the mix/guitars. At least on my end the ambience/wetness was bordering on noisy. Also caused a slight bit of indistinction in the layers.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Very nice stuff Darwin, I love that song. Must be nice to have someone that can sing in the family.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks all, for your comments. It may be hot in amplitude yet until mixed so Yow, I will tame it down and Sirmy. there is no reverb or effects, this is a direct in recording. It is so fun to work with Kari and she has become a quite accomplished guitarist. She did not start playing until she was 38. I will post everything when finished which will be some time out. Thanks again, and yes, I am lucky with the ladies in my life.-- Darwin-More :luv:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:02 pm

darwinohm wrote:Thanks all, for your comments. It may be hot in amplitude yet until mixed so Yow, I will tame it down and Sirmy. there is no reverb or effects, this is a direct in recording. It is so fun to work with Kari and she has become a quite accomplished guitarist. She did not start playing until she was 38. I will post everything when finished which will be some time out. Thanks again, and yes, I am lucky with the ladies in my life.-- Darwin-More :luv:

Interesting, some creative EQing would be my suggestion then, you didn't verb mics on capture or anything? Just seems to thick, odd.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Scott, you asked:
Which one (or two or three.....) of your fine instruments were we listening to?

Sorry for not responding sooner. I think it was my Vintage White Legacy and the bass work was done on my Stingray 5.-- Darwin

Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:00 am

Great stuff! I agree with Jos on the lead guitar, and am using good head phones today--from Grado labs. Great pickin' and real good feel. Post a fully produced version when you get there! Also, your new legacy is a beaut.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:17 pm

SBN, I think you guys are right. I will listen with headphones. I recorded direct and I should have used a DB or the preamp from my Tonelab. I will redo it when I get serious about finishing it. They were scratch tracks initially but I included them but I have decided I will redo it with my new Shubb capo. The old capo would require a retune. Thanks on the Legacy. It is sweet. I will post all of Kari's work when it is completed.