Wireless setup foe guitar/bass

Wed May 04, 2011 9:54 am

I tried searching this topic first, but didn't find anything.

What do you think of a wireless setup for your guitar and/or bass?
I'm in the process of joining another band and am considering using this type of setup.

Any pros? Cons? Brands to look at? Stay away from?

Also, what about choosing a frequency (!?) to ensure that you don't clash with someone else?
I don't entirely understand this.

Thanks for the help,
Kate

Re: Wireless setup foe guitar/bass

Wed May 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Fraidykat, I really like wireless. I have a Sennheiser EW100 G3. I use it for both bass and guitar and have an A/B switch behind it to switch amps when I switch guitars. I have never had a frequency problem and do not even set anything. It finds the best frequency and uses it. It allows freedom and I am never stepping on my cord anymore-- Darwin

Thu May 05, 2011 5:30 pm

Thanks, Darwin,

There are just so many products to review, but I like Sennheiser mics, so I'll take a look at that setup.
I especially liked it when you mentioned that the unit finds it's own frequency!

Thanks for the advice,
Kate

Sat May 07, 2011 11:13 am

Try the Line6 Relay series, really, they are awesome! I've been using a G90 for months now and I love it. Very transparent and works flawless, gig after gig! I kept away for a long time from wireless units, but once I tried one I didn't want to go back to using cables, it's so much more fun if you don't have any cables to watch out for, I can walk around freely, not having to worry about a cable getting stuck somewhere :)

Mon May 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Baco wrote:Try the Line6 Relay series, really, they are awesome! I've been using a G90 for months now and I love it.

I've heard good things about them as well. Check out how far away you can get of course before you lose your signal.

I won't get a wireless though. I like my cables for some wierd reason.