Sorry, But It Starts With A "G"

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:23 pm

I took this one off the wall tonight and checked the setup, give it a wax and test drove it. I had forgotten how sweet it is. Forgive me, but this is an example of wall art. If you are serious about guitars you should have at least one of these. Ginny has said that it has a permanent home.

and

Headstock

Neck

Binding

There is something about that Gretsch tone that is magic, especially unplugged. Okay, I am Gassing a bit tonight. :crazy: Darwin.

Re: Sorry, But It Starts With A "G"

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:12 pm

:shock2:

Wow Darwin! That really is a beauty. I love a walnut Gretsch with gold hardware and that is one of the finest examples I've seen.

Yours enviously,

Jamie

PS. Needs a gold Bigsby on it!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:17 pm

That is BEE-OOO-TIFUL Darwin :luv: .

But my wife would never let me have one. It would be declared 'furniture' because of the wood grain and sent back to its case to become a closet classic. :cry:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:27 pm

Jamie, thanks, it does need a Gold Bigsby but that is how they came. I may do a Gold but that is when my list of must haves goes down.

Philby, that is nice wood and your wife would make you buy one if she could see it in person. Walnut,down under!!!!!. Is it morning for you guys??

Thanks for the comment's guys and I GAS every time I wax this one-- Darwin

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:06 pm

Darwin,
Not much more left to say than fantabulous! I always thought that white and orange were THE Gretsch colors to pick (and maybe black), but this demonstrates otherwise.

- Jos

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Darwin,

Exceptional color. I can only imagine the twang from that thang! :banana:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:23 am

Looks awesome, needs to ditch the bigsby though ;)

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks for the comments folks. This is the one on the wall that usually gets comments from the ladies. Sirmy, I think that is because of the Bigsby. The Dollies love them.-- Darwin

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:50 pm

darwinohm wrote:Thanks for the comments folks. This is the one on the wall that usually gets comments from the ladies. Sirmy, I think that is because of the Bigsby. The Dollies love them.-- Darwin

As long as you can use it better than Neil Young you are probably fine (and that shoulder be difficult).

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:14 pm

Beautiful Gretsch, Darwin!

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Awesome. Maybe one day I'll get one.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Jos, you mentioned the Gretsch color. Here is one and if this doesn't give Sirmy a fix, nothing will. Blarg, it does need a gold Bigsby. The camera doesn't pick up the wood grain in the top very well.

I checked it out tonight and the necks on the two Gretschs' are very stable. I last giged it in October and the intonation was off as the bridge had moved. That can be a problem with this type of bridge. You just have to check it.-- Darwin :luv:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Darn, Darwin, that is another gorgeous looking axe. You should be very proud of your collection. :sign0011:

- Jos