Chordie - Anytime At All

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:47 pm

I use chordie.com to find the chords and lyrics to songs I want to learn but find, more often than not, that the people that put those songs up there aren't hearing the same things I am hearing in that song. But, I do appreciate them taking the time to put something out there. I think it is a good learning experience to take something, listen to the song, and rework the chords and lyrics to what you are hearing.

Here's what I did with the Beatles song "Anytime At All". Corrections and comments are welcome.

RickT

Chorus:
Bm D
Any time at all,
A
Any time at all
Bm
Any time at all
G
All you’ve got to do is call
A7 D
And I’ll be there

D D/Db
If you need somebody to love
Bm G
Just Look into my eyes
D A D
I’ll be there to make you feel right
D D/Db
If you’re feeling sorry and sad
Bm G
I’d really sympathize
D A D
Don’t you be sad, just call me tonight

chorus

If the sun has faded away
I’ll try to make it shine
There is nothing I won’t do
If you need a shoulder to cry on
I hope it will be mine
Call me tonight and I’ll come to you

chorus

bridge (chords: A ---- G--A--G--A--DD)
(This is the guitar and piano part. The D6, etc are played as two strings, then single notes for the others)
E6-D6-Db6 E6-D6-Db6 D-Db-B B-C-Db B-Db-D-Db-D-E-D-E-G-F#-E-D-F#

chorus
All you’ve to to do is call and I’ll be there

Re: Chordie - Anytime At All

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:59 pm

That looks about right to me. In the verses I'm hearing a Gm where you have a G, and the D/Db I think is an A with C# bass note (the bass line descends from D down to G with each chord change).

Good stuff :thumbup:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:04 pm

I don't know that song Rick so can't comment, but think what you're doing is a great way to develop your ear. Internet sites are often very wrong even with the lyrics. Keep it up and soon you wont need those sites at all :thumbup:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Philby wrote:That looks about right to me. In the verses I'm hearing a Gm where you have a G, and the D/Db I think is an A with C# bass note (the bass line descends from D down to G with each chord change).

Good stuff :thumbup:

The D/Db sounds to me like the D chord barred at the 5th fret. Then bass note moves from D to Db with the other fingers maintaining the "D" fingering.

I tried to Gm but the G just sounded better. I'll give it another listen in a couple of days.

RickT