Amazon Free MP3 DL: Under The Milky Way

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:55 pm

Most of you folks who like The Church already have this but if not... Amazon gives away a lot of very good MP3's and while you have to use their download app it's a great way to check things out, revisit old gems or just bulk up your MP3 collection. Not sure when this expires but figured I would post it.

http://www.amazon.com/Under-The-M...9MKM3YAF07

Re: Amazon Free MP3 DL: Under The Milky Way

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:18 pm

404 for me. Bummer, as I'm a big fan of The Church. Then again, how many copies/versions of this song does one person need. :silent:

Thanks for the heads-up though!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:36 pm

try this instead:

http://www.amazon.com/Under-The-Milky-Way/dp/B004P91ERK/ref=xs_gb_bd_CsB!o1kIall-?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&pf_rd_p=441937801&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=00RP769V6H9MKM3YAF07

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:29 am

I've always liked that song. I heard it one time at about 3am when I was working the night shift during harvest on a vineyard. It was a very clear night in rural south-western Australia, the stars were as bright as I've ever seen them. There had been a problem with the harvester so a few of us were sitting around watching the sky whilst waiting for the machine to be repaired over at the shed - its truly amazing how many shooting stars you see when you're not in a city. We had the radio in the tractor on and apart from that there was no sound, save a few bugs and frogs. That song came on the radio. It was a magic moment.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:43 am

That's a killer story, blarg. Wish my recollection(s) of the circumstances surrounding that song were so poetic.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:25 pm

I've always loved this song from when I first heard it. Years ago I found this on an MTV 120 Minute Collection (or some such name) CD and bought it. I love to play this on a 12 string, and actually suggested to my hobby group that we should do this song.

Kit

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:59 pm

Gents,

Thanks for the download link :happy0065: I allways liked The Church.

Chet

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Very cool song. While I was a teen in the 80's, somehow I missed these guys! Thanks for bringing them to my attention!!

Wed May 11, 2011 8:36 pm

I had to miss a show The Church did in DC a couple of months ago. I was spending a couple of weeks with my family in Ohio. The advertisement for the show said they would play three of their albums, back-to-back, in their entirety. I can't remember which albums they were going to play, but if "Of Skins and Hearts" had been one of the albums a work emergency would have required my presence back in DC that night...

Ken

Wed May 11, 2011 9:55 pm

a buddy of mine got to see them at BB King's in NY. had a table right up front and said the sound was stellar and it was a great evening. they played 3 of their albums in their entirety, Starfish, Priest=Aura and Untitled #23. here's a link to check out: http://www.bbkingblues.com/bio.php?id=154

Tue May 17, 2011 9:28 am

Great tune, I had heard it before but it really stuck in my head after watching Donnie Darko years ago. Great story BTW Blarg !