Blarg Partscaster

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Blarg, the partscaster in your Avatar is absolutely gorgeous with the shade stripes. I think that you should contact G&L about making that a production color with the stripes. I really liked their swirl but this would appease me.-- Darwin

Re: Blarg Partscaster

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Pretty sure that is just a butterscotch G&L he removed the pickguard from w/ the blind 1/2 shut during a photo.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Naw Sirmy, this is his hot pink partscaster. Sirmy, I listened to your recording last night and it is really good. It is new music to me as I am a 50/60s guy so I don't necessarily understand the music but it was great technically. Keep it up!-- Darwin

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:55 pm

I thought the Pink Blargcaster was a semi-hollow? I think Sirmy is right. Perhaps Jamie will enlighten us when he comes back from lunch drinks....... :D

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:56 pm

here is the avatar image:

Hey Guys - time to see the Eye doctor? :eh: :geek:

That looks like blonde to me ... then again maybe I need new glasses ... nah :lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:57 pm

darwinohm wrote:Naw Sirmy, this is his hot pink partscaster. Sirmy, I listened to your recording last night and it is really good. It is new music to me as I am a 50/60s guy so I don't necessarily understand the music but it was great technically. Keep it up!-- Darwin

Thanks Darwin, glad you enjoyed it, I tried not to detach too far when I exercised my new found theory muscles. The only 'complicated' part theoretically is the 'bouncy' part consisting of octave displacement ideas. Otherwise the first leads are in C major, outro C Lydian, arpeggios are 2 notes per string at first, based on the chord + a note as needed, the octaved part is modal scales based on the chords, not getting too far from C major (occasionally a shapr or 2) where I tried to emphasize the characteristic of each scale, making it slightly atonal.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 pm

sirmyghin wrote:Pretty sure that is just a butterscotch G&L he removed the pickguard from w/ the blind 1/2 shut during a photo.

75% correct. Not butterscotch, plain old blonde. One of the best colours available! I think Craig might be right about the trip to the eye doctor :) I don't know about stripes being there permanently, but if it were done right it could work.

Here's a pic for the sake of having one. You'll notice that I've 'Esquire-d" it. I was changing the pickups (it's officially an addiction now) and broke the cover of the neck one as I was screwing it down, oops. It's a Bill Lawrence Keystone, damn they're good! I'm going to leave it like this until I can be bothered repairing the neck one. In the meantime I'm looking out for a statuette of Mary, God's mistress, to put in there, make a sort of grotto out of it. I'm not a religious guy at all, but I think it'd look neat.

Don't you just wanna pick it up an play a D through a cranked amp?!?!?!

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:49 am

Sorry Sirmy, you guys are right! The pinky did have an F hole. I still like stripe pattern even though I was on the wrong color. It reminds me of the shirts that the Kingston Trio used to wear. I still wish they would bring back the swirl.-- Darwin