Classical Mystery Tour

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:42 am

The Beatles Are Coming!!!

The Classical Mystery Tour is a Beatles tribute band, and they play with the Symphony. Got tix for tomorrow's show with the Oregon Symphony her in Portland. Saw them a few years ago, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!! You hear some songs the average bar band can't cover well with the symphonic background.

Can't wait!

Bill

Re: Classical Mystery Tour

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:25 am

Thanks Bill,

No dates in the southeast at this time but will definately keep an eye out based on your recommendation.

Here's link to their website and a quote from the LA Times.
The Los Angeles Times called the show "more than just an incredible simulation...the swelling strings and soaring French horn lines gave Saturday's live performance a high goose-bump quotient...the crowd stood and bellowed for more."

http://classicalmysterytour.com/main/index.htm

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:13 am

Be sure and update us on the event. Sounds great. jg

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Yeah, that was thoroughly great, fun concert. The bassist plays right handed but they look and sound like the Beatle! Great to hear songs with the symphony, like "I Am The Walrus", or the horns on "Got To Get You Into My Life". If you like The Beatles, check out "Classical Mystery Tour". There is another group that is good too--"1964--A Tribute".

All you need is love....

Bill

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Oh, and weirdness...

Who'd ever think there would be all these OLD PEOPLE at a BEATLES CONCERT!!!

LOL!

Bill

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Boogie Bill wrote:Oh, and weirdness...

Who'd ever think there would be all these OLD PEOPLE at a BEATLES CONCERT!!!

LOL!

Bill

Were the girls, er ... ladies, still screaming their heads off?

- Jos

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:23 am

Thanks for the report. Beatles songs really lend themselves to big arrangements, I think. If i get close, I will check it out.

My band coves Walrus, and it is pure fun. The other guitar player cooked up an amazing 1 guitar arrangement of it years ago. Basically he plays and sings it and I get to try and sing harmony on stupid human sounds with my brother--total fun and always well received. There is also something really fun about seeing and hearing your buddy coo-coo-cachoo, and mean it!