St Pats Day!!!!

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:34 pm

All right guys and gals, it is after 6 pm here in Minnesota and I have not seen a green G&L posted today. I know that some of you are celebrating (Jos??) and I would, but I am recovering from the flu. I KNOW that there are some beautiful greenies on this site. Lets see some of them!! I am almost ashamed to post the other brand but I am going to do so as I do not have a Green G&L. This is the 88 Tanqo Strat that followed me home last ST Pats day. It has found a permanent home at this house. Lets see some Green!!!! Sirmy, you will have to suffer through this.

:sick: Darwin.

Edit- Sorry folks, I just saw one Southpaw posted on the LR.

Re: St Pats Day!!!!

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:56 pm

No green G&Ls here either Darwin, but when I was looking around for my first one I fell in love with a clear forest green ASAT Special with the black crinkle hardware. I missed out on it by $2 on the bay, and I haven't seen one like it since. If anyone has a clear green ASAT I'd like to see it.

Edit: Thought I'd add a St. Pats day story. This banjo has done a few St. Pats day gigs, back when I was on the other side of the country and playing in an Irish folk band. I think the case is quite Irish looking, being green lined with gold clasps.

Last edited by blargfromouterspace on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:03 pm

My Greenies

Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Blarg , the inside of that case reminds me is some of the Martin cases.

Southpaw, what is the first greenie that you showed. The body contours remind me of a musicman but doesn't have a musicman bridge. Nice greenies Paul.-- Darwin

Edit, It is a musicman! The dots on the neck are like my Axis. I would like to have the Darby in that color.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:34 am

darwinohm wrote:Blarg , the inside of that case reminds me is some of the Martin cases.

Southpaw, what is the first greenie that you showed. The body contours remind me of a musicman but doesn't have a musicman bridge. Nice greenies Paul.-- Darwin

Edit, It is a musicman! The dots on the neck are like my Axis. I would like to have the Darby in that color.

It's an EBMM Silo Special. I bought it new in '96 or so, the finish is Pearl Green. According to EBMM it was one of the first lefties as that particular bridge was only used for a short while.