Buffalo Bros made the Fretboard Journal Bucket List

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Fretboard Journal Bucket List

Fun stuff to do and check #69 for the honorable mention.

jamie

Re: Buffalo Bros made the Fretboard Journal Bucket List

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Man, did more of these than I would otherwise been able to remember ...

- Jos

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:51 pm

I like number 18. All of mine are!!--- Darwin

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:13 pm

What a great list. I often think about #95. It would be expensive though. I'd have to sell a car. My wife would leave me. Can you tell I've mentally roughed out how I'd do it and the likely consequences? :D

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Philby wrote:What a great list. I often think about #95. It would be expensive though. I'd have to sell a car. My wife would leave me. Can you tell I've mentally roughed out how I'd do it and the likely consequences? :D

I do the same. #95 is on my list of things to do and I want it to be an '82 SC-X.

I was surprised at how many of them I've done!

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:33 am

#85 definitely :happy0065: and #88 too...

nice catch !

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:34 pm

darwinohm wrote:I like number 18. All of mine are!!--- Darwin

I am with ya darwin. Driving a '99 Hyundai Elantra I got in a package deal with my wife. Good deal on both counts, even if she drives the much nicer rig I had when we met!

This is a great list!

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:22 pm

SBNT, Now that you have commented I have to tell the story. I drive a 1993 Olds 98 that a family friend owned and quit driving due to age. It had 46,900 miles on it when I bought it 2 1/2 yeas ago and was like new for the most part. I bought it for $700 and a case of brandy. I did some work on it and now have 97,000 miles on it with buckets more to go. I wasn't kidding!-- Darwin

Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Darwin: Was it good Brandy? - ed

Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 pm

It was EJ Ed. -- Darwin

Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Good deal. Ride on! - ed

Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:43 am

Yikes! ...I've actually done more of these than I was expecting. I've often considered #95 myself, but I figured it was just cheaper to settle for one from the year I lost my cherry ;)

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:58 am

What's scary to me is how many things on that list I have done, with out ever trying.

And I have a a guitar actually made in Fullerton, CA. Actually, I have way too many of them. And I am planning on keeping every one of them.

edg

Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Great story Darwin. Ed did ask the key question there. I had a '92 regency with the 3.8 L 6 that I bought with about 170K, drove it until about 240K. Sold it to a young guy, I can't remember how much, under $1,000. It ran great until 279K, when he wrapped it around a tree. The only issue I ever had was brakes, you could wipe a set of rotors in the mountains if not careful. So I think you may be get the price/mile down pretty low on that rig! But getting back to guitars, I could get all my G&L's and a good amp or two in the Regency, I know your collection is a little to extensive for that; but you should be able to get your whole band and their #1 instrument in no problem! (Drums and keyboards count as gear, not instruments for this discussion.)

I think that should go on the bucket list! Give your whole band and there main instrument a ride home from a gig!