The Swollen Pickle has moved ...

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:00 pm

I moved the Swollen Pickle off the pedal board to make room for the BBE Benchpress. I like the tone of this compressor and will use it more than I did the fuzz tone I removed from the board.

RickT

Re: The Swollen Pickle has moved ...

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:59 pm

Nice pedal board Rick!

Compression seem to be an effect that everyone places differently in the chain, I see you have yours before the OD pedals - do you use compression and overdrive at the same time?

Re: the Swollen Pickle, did you ever try running your clean boost into it? My fuzz is just a little too 'saggy' when I run it alone, but with the boost in front of it it sounds great, like a totally different pedal.

Re: The Swollen Pickle has moved ...

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:17 pm

The way I had it set up before was to have the clean boost first and then the Swollen Pickle. But, when putting the compressor on the board, I have it in the chain first at pretty much unity gain and then chained through the other pedals. There is some compression in the RAF pedal so I don't use the compressor in conjunction with that pedal. The Trower pedal also has some compression built in so I don't need the added compression from the benchpress. The other pedals work just fine with the benchpress engaged.

RickT