Blemished Amp head

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:10 pm

I found an amp head that I have been looking at online for 299 instead of 399 which is a significant percentage difference.-obviously-
I was wondering what type of experience you all have had with blemished items. They say that it's generally a customer returned item and assure that all components work 100% and I believe the factory warranty still applies, or so they say. My issue, I guess, comes from a bit of paranoia, especially since I worked for a cell phone company that would say items were blemished when in fact they were useless pieces of ass. A blemish on a brand new G&L, or any guitar for that matter, would bother me. That's something that only I want to inflict but I really don't care if some paint is chipped off an amp or something, which I doubt is even the case considering they probably just call it blemished because, like I said before, it is a return and they don't want to label it as 'used.' It's kinda lame they don't take the time to just put a damn picture or description on there. Experiences? suggestions?
Haha, I just saw that the limit is 60000 characters per message...who could break that rule!?

Re: Blemished Amp head

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:01 pm

I'd hassle them to give a full description of the blemish. If they're reluctant to provide you with one then stay well away from it.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:08 pm

What Blarg said + I have had great success buying scratch & dent and used stuff from the big music chains, so you might just save yourself some cash with an email or call. But if you find it hard to get a straight answer from them now, it'll be 100 X worse when they have your money...

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Well, it's been a while, but if high school and university taught me anything, it is that blemished items often try harder and are adorable in unique ways. Inexpensive dates as well.

;+) - ed

Seriously, you can save a bunch of good money this way. Occasionally you will get screwed. I like these odds. A lot!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:45 am

So I went ahead and got the amp and couldn't be happier that I did. The 'blem' could only be a customer return as there is not a scratch on anything except for a cut line in the front page of the owners manual. It looks like someone cut the plastic it comes in a little too far and ripped a piece of -paper.- I saved money cuz a page had been cut and that is all. I didn't care a whole lot unless it was something huge, but for the hell of it I went through it meticulously last night and it's brand new. Blemished really can be an excellent way to go. Thanks for the replies pointing me further in that direction!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:28 am

I'm a bit late on this one, but it looks like all turned out well in the end!!

I was going to say that I've purchased a couple of blem/scratch & dent items from the big on-line retailers, and in each case I've never been able to find anything even slightly wrong with it. One was a Boss digital 8-track...saved $100 on it, which was 25%! Looked new-in-box to me and has worked perfectly for 5 or 6 years!!