Garagetone Pedals

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:17 am

Has anyone used these pedals?

Phaser
I am looking at the Oil Can, or should I just go for an MXR 90? This will only be used for the odd Waylon song

Tremolo
The other pedal is the Visual Sound Garage Tone Tremolo (Chopper), the other one I was looking at was Mod Tone Harmonic Tremor? Again this will only be used on a couple of songs a night. Is there something else I should be looking at as a tremolo?

Re: Garagetone Pedals

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:45 am

I recently discovered this company, Dedalo, based in Argentina. I have their compressor and its fantastic. It's one of the nicest made pedals I own and its very, very silent. Their tremolo and phaser in particular look GREAT too. I haven't tried one but I'm willing to bet they'd be worth a shot. They're probably a little pricier than the Garagetone ones.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:54 am

As far as Tremolo/Vibrato is concerned, I use a Carl Martin TremO'vibe and am immensely impressed with it. Not necessarily the cheapest pedal but boy, still worth the money. The cheaper Surf Trem has much of th same electronics as for the tremolo sectio in the TremO.

- Jos

Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Those pedals all look great but just a little out of the budget for a small use pedal.

I was finally able to try the Garage oil can phase and it didn't sound too bad, but I bit the bullet and got the MXR phase 90 on amazon (It worked out cheaper than a budget Garage Tone). I also got the Mod Tone Tremor at a local shop, it should do what I want it to do.