credit card bill clarity

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:34 pm

I often change strings on my guit-fiddles in the evening watching TV with the wife. I wipe em down, clean the fret boards good, polish the chrome, and put on a new set of Ernie Ball Slinky's, about $4.00. So i am always wondering why my wife seems a little jumpy about this string changing.

"How often do you change your strings?", she inquires.

"How do you know they need to be changed at all?", she asks fervently.

So this has always seemed strange to me. I mean, I know this woman. She is the worst at playing it cool--something is bothering her. Paying the credit card bill today I finally figured it out.

She'll ask, "what did you need from musicians friend?"

"Just some strings and odds and ends", I deftly reply.

Now as you may guess odds and ends are usually some picks, or something. But this past year, getting the band back together, odds and ends have been XLR cables, the odd SM57, stuff like that.

So the poor woman thinks strings cost $200. And I just go changing them frickity, frockety.

Just trying something lite, with craig and jamie having family health issues. Someone slid into my wifes car yesterday, everyone is OK but it's a hassle. Strange kinda Friday.

Have a great weekend!

Re: credit card bill clarity

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks for the comic relieve :happy0007: And glad that 'little' misunderstanding got cleared up. Good luck with the car. And yes, weird Friday indeed.

- Jos

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:25 pm

Made me think of this song, but in reverse
[youtube]ntIaUiv9seU[/youtube]

Sorry about the car accident, glad no-one was hurt. Hope your weekend gets better!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:52 pm

:happy0007: That is great.