If you are looking for dynamic overdrive

Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:04 pm

I have been ever frustrated by turning on an overdrive and going from crystal to filth. Don't mistake me for one second, I friggin love some filth..I love my guitar to get pissed and wail, but there has to be some sorta build up to that right? Well in the ho ho ho spirit I had a Fulltone OCD on my santa list and I got it. I am not only not disappointed, I am quite impressed. Ofcourse tone is so subjective that I am in no way saying that all of you will enjoy it, but at least plug one in and try it if you can. It can be a simple boost for you with the drive down, a saturated fender, or a completely growiling Marshall. I quite enjoy its versatility and its great addition to my rig. Furthermore, in front of a more powerfull distortion, such as my big muff, it doesn't kill it. I don't have to do a double step to turn one off and one on cuz it doesn't kill the pedals after it.
I don't work for Fulltone, so I could care less about their bottom line or sales or what have you. I just wanted to post a kick in the direction for those of you who might be looking for an overdrive that isn't either on or off and that reacts to what you give it. Give it a look, it's awfully nice and relatively cheap. (hand made too)

Re: If you are looking for dynamic overdrive

Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:07 pm

I've been wanting to try a few pedals in the Fulltone range out for ages now, especially the OCD. They have a great reputation.

I'm totally in love with my MI Audio Tube Zone OD at the moment, it too is very dynamic and cleans up beautifully.

Re: If you are looking for dynamic overdrive

Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:14 pm

Never tried the OCD, but I swear by my new PlimSoul. According to the literature, it's Fulltone's dirtiest pedal (when you want it to be) but its multi-stage controls make it extremely versatile. From the literature:

"How does it compare to the OCD? Completely different! The EQ of an OCD is somewhere between neutral and mid-scoop, and asymetrical Hard-Clipping . . . PlimSoul has a gorgeous midrange, not too much . . . and has Soft-Clipping AND symetrical Hard-Clipping . . . offering a totally different array of sounds."

"Is it touch sensitive? Yes, it doesn't get any better. Pick soft, it's clear . . . pick hard, it distorts." (I can definitely attest to this - it's quite amazing).

"Does it clean up when the guitar's volume control is reduced? Yes, more than any, and even better than the OCD." (I cannot attest to this very well, as the volume control on all of my guitars seems to be stuck on 10).