Economy finaly got me...

Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:06 am

I have done all I could to avoid this day.. but it has now become time to liquidate.
Everything is up for sale. you can see my ad in the marketplace if you are interested.
hope the bean counters are happy. two rics and my princeton reverb sold within the first two minutes the ad was up, so I guess my prices are good.
Hope things are going better for the rest of you.

Re: Economy finaly got me...

Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:39 am

Well, I'm real sorry to hear that Marty. Really am. I hope things improve for you soon. Good luck!

Bill

Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:45 am

I was laid off in 2005 myself. But I persevered and ended up with a better job. Hang in there, I know it is tough.

Sorry you have to sell your stuff but you've got to do what you can to survive the times.

RickT

Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:21 pm

I have gone through this before. Totally sucks. Like Rick T said though, fight it off and you'll back good as new before too long!

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Hang in there marty, I'm sure your keeping one great player and that's all you really need, the rest are just boys toys, I sold off a lot of gear and a couple of hot rods in the 90's to finance the start of my company and ended up doing just fine with one guitar for quite a while, the economy can't suck forever!

Good Luck

gary

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Just 2 weeks ago I had been wondering where you had been hanging out and then I read this post. That royally sucks Marty! Hang in there and who knows what is just beyond the horizon. I wish you the best of luck.

- Jos

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks guys,
I'm going to pull up roots and make a move to Michigan I think.
A friend knows someone who owns a business.. will try my luck there.
Just need to move some more of this stuff before I go.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Marty, I read this yesterday and was unable to respond as it is such a sobering thing. This happened to me ( my whole department) after 38 years with the company and just short of 4 years from retirement. First, I will say that it was no fun to work there the last 10 years. This is a company that was noted for creative employees who planned their own destiny in the company. It was so fun to work there for many years. Things change continuously and staying on top in the technology field is a challenge. The bottom line is that it was the best thing that could have happened to me. I ended up in my own business in sales, doing what I wanted to, and I have never looked back. I will finally be fully retired at the end of this month. As you said , "the economy finally got me". It is not a personal thing against you at all , but times are a lot worse than many realize. Maybe the move to Michigan will be a best move. Hang in there and keep looking forward. Good luck Marty. I just wish you didn't have to part with you guitars but you will recover.---Darwin