Other Strats with pocket stamps

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:49 pm

So I have the bastardcaster that had the pocket routed to accommodate a ’91 SC-3 neck. Played it that was for about 4 years but the profile was a bit rounder and the frets a lot larger that I was comfortable with so it really only got played in my music room and in the studio. I came across a nice ’83 SC-1 neck with smaller frets and a flatter profile more in step with what I typically place so I swapped them out. Story behind the body is sketchy but I was told it is a more than likely a Tokia or something of relative quality along those lines. I had the neck off of the first time last night and saw that there was a serial number stamped in black ink in the neck pocket. Nomenclature was something like SN 1234A. Here’s my question – anyone know of any other s-style guitar manufacturers (other than Fender & G&L) that date stamped or serial number stamped their guitars. I’d like to pin down the brand and try and get close to the year with the serial number but not sure where to start. So if anyone has come across something like this before or has a suggestion to a website or other reference that would be swell. Thanks.

I’ll add a picture of the neck pocket tomorrow