What Guitar Effect Is This?

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:15 pm

The songs, "Band of Gold" and "Come and Get Your Love". What effect is the guitar using that makes that stretched out rubber band sound? Is there a pedal on the market that can recreate that sound :confused0007:

Thanks,

Tom

Re: What Guitar Effect Is This?

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:37 pm

That's an electric sitar (through a phaser? )
...you can see it the the band of gold vid at 2:25
[youtube]_65LLafsa9g[/youtube]

I bought an Italia version...its a POS :(

The danelectro's maybe are better.
I just saw this recently : http://www.activemusician.com/item--MD.STRTEG-D?ref=fg&ovchn=SCU&ovtac=CMP&ovcpn=&ovcrn=Sitar%2C+Fusion%2C+Electric%2C+Gears%2C+Rosul%2C+D

I haven't found any pedals that can do it well, but I haven't searched for a while.. I had an older Zoom 505 multi-effects pedal that had a Sitar setting.
A quick search brings these up : Danelectro's Sitar Swami, Digitech's The Weapon and the Boss GT8 Guitar Multi-Effect Pedal Board.

Let us know if you find something good,

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:27 pm

Elwood wrote:That's an electric sitar (through a phaser? )

Thanks Elwood. It's not that I want to achieve that sound. Its kinda cool though so I thought I'd ask.

Nice video. Can you believe Freda is 60 years old in that video. Man, she's making this 50 year old feel so goooood.

Go baby Go! :luv:

Tom

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:17 pm

The cheap man's version of the sitar effect is to detume the guitar a whole step and hang paper clips (not coated ones) behind the saddles across the strings.

RickT

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:52 pm

I second the 505Guitar. If you can find one with the black case and expression pedal you'll have made a wise investment. I have a private page where I keep about 100 favorite settings as well as the "factory defaults": http://www.palaia.net/extras/z_505_g-presets.html

The Sitar is hard to beat and will save you a fortune. Really.

Cheers,

Will