Re: Big Bends Nut Sauce...

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:17 pm

It's definitely good stuff! ...I tried some recently on my Legacy's nut (which I replaced with vintage bone)... It feels more like a graphite nut now with perfect return.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:09 pm

The bone nut certainly made a difference... I was a little taken back at the brightness increase at first, but I've gotten used to it & the guitar is now in a different tone range to my others. Certainly lightened the tone & chime.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:28 pm

offplanetfilms wrote:The bone nut certainly made a difference... I was a little taken back at the brightness increase at first, but I've gotten used to it & the guitar is now in a different tone range to my others. Certainly lightened the tone & chime.

Just in case you were not aware, the G&L factory had changed the nut material from Micarta to real Bone.
This change was made in September of 2009.

Hope this helps.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:40 pm

Craig wrote:Just in case you were not aware, the G&L factory had changed the nut material from Micarta to real Bone.
This change was made in September of 2009.

I didn't realize that G&L made this change. It's definitely a good one! I can't even begin to tell you how many Micarta nuts I've had to replace due to breakage.

BTW, I use Big Bends Nut Sauce on my nut & saddles for a Hipshot B-Bender equipped ASAT Classic. That stuff works great!

Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:25 am

I don't have problems with my guitars going out of tune, but after reading these praises I feel that I should buy some just to see for myself. Though me thinks I'll have to start doing neck bending whammy stuff to find out!