RIP Robbie Robertson

Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:51 pm

Sad day indeed. Never saw Robbie live but a long time fan of The Band and his solo work

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Music/robbie ... =102143294

Re: RIP Robbie Robertson

Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:23 pm

Totally with you there, sam. When I receive a notification on my phone, I just kept staring at the screen for minutes in pure disbelief.

When Robbie was on book tour for his biography "Testimony", me and my wife had the privilege to talk to him, even if it was only for 5 minutes. Fascinating man (read that book, will ya!!). Ever since I bought "The Last Waltz" as a young teenager, he has always been one of my favorite guitar players and song writers. Glad he got most of the box set rereleases of The Band albums done. Wonder what will happen with the last 3 studio albums ...

- Jos

Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:41 pm

Will totally read the book. When he came back and did his 1987 self titled solo album I was SO excited, great stuff.

For those who don’t know his solo stuff the Testimony album is perfect primer. Now I’ll go order the book! :alright:

Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:40 pm

Yes, he leaves quite a legacy. I thoroughly enjoyed reading his book. And, the documentary "Band of Brothers" is excellent. Granted, these are both Robbie's side, and Levon (for one) would object to some of it. Nevertheless, I'm sure my partner at next week farmer's market will feature all of The Band tunes that we play in our set.

Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:13 am

I didn't catch this at all till reading it just now.

I. sigh.

That sucks.

Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:38 am

One of my all time favorite players and a great songwriter. I'll be getting around to reading his biography as well.
I usually don't get upset by celebrity deaths but this one actually really saddened me.
RIP