Cheapo Skyhawk vid

Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:32 am

Just thought I'd share this since it features a vintage Skyhawk. Like most of my amatuer vids this was thrown together but I had the guitar out the other day and figured what the hell.
I cycled through four switch positions and a few pedals to try and get a little variation tone wise.

Re: Cheapo Skyhawk vid

Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:33 pm

sounds great Mutts, great tone and nice feel. the sickle headstock is also way cool!

Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:56 pm

Mutts, that just flows along nice and easy! Effortless is what it seems like, and I love all the tones you flipped through in the couple of minutes.

Thanks for putting this together and sharing it with us.

Kit

Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:02 am

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the kind words.
@ John- I'm with you, the sickle headstock is pretty cool.

Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:04 am

Sounds great! Thanks for posting that. Lots of love for Skyhawks at my home.

Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:45 pm

Hey Mutts,

Thanks for sharing, tasty as always! :thumbup:

Since you mentioned, what pedals and also what amp?

Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:54 am

@ tomanche, I get why you like Skyhawks. Someday I might like to get one of the older ones (or maybe a new CFL) with the original pick guard configuration. This guitar is top shelf though.

@ Sam, starts with just a touch of fuzz from a Fulltone 70s. Then it's a Digitech Hardwire CM2 OD set up as a clean boost for the neck and middle position parts. The bridge part I used the CM2 and a BadMonkey (set for a dirty boost). The outro is back to the neck with no effects. Amp is a Dr. Z MAZ 18.

Cheers, Eric