Thought I'd share a piece of music

Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:25 am

Some of you may know me from the fact that I hang out here because I own and appreciate G&L instruments. My music hobby includes occasionally making home recordings, some of which I have posted here. I spent last week recording another instrumental which has equal portions of keyboard and guitar, the guitar parts are all recorded on my Tribute Fallout. I really like the versatility of the sounds I can get out of the Fallout.

Anyway, the track is named 'Rise', found here below. I like how I can name instrumentals any title I want since it is inconsequential!

Rise

Kit
ps: I almost can't believe that I'm doing this at 74 years of age
Last edited by Kit on Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Thought I'd share a piece of music

Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:21 pm

Kit wrote:Some of you may know me from the fact that I hang out here because I own and appreciate G&L instruments. My music hobby includes occasionally making home recordings, some of which I have posted here. I spent last week recording another instrumental which has equal portions of keyboard and guitar, the guitar parts are all recorded on my Tribute Fallout. I really like the versatility of the sounds I can get out of the Fallout.

Anyway, the track is named 'Rise', found here below. I like how I can name instrumentals any title I want since it is inconsequential!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16C9b9xN8IRe41rG0XDlgGVUbQSYz9l19

Kit
ps: I almost can't believe that I'm doing this at 74 years of age

Your link fails....

Here is a way to fix it using the nturl= BBcode. The link will open in a new tab.
Rise.mp3

Here is the code:
Code:
[nturl=https://drive.google.com/file/d/16C9b9xN8IRe41rG0XDlgGVUbQSYz9l19]Rise.mp3[/nturl]

A very tasty instrumental you have created with this one. :clap:

Hope this helps so you can post more ... :cheers:

Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:50 pm

Sounds very good, Kit. Thanks for sharing!
Cheers, Eric

Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:53 pm

Your link fails....

Here is a way to fix it using the nturl= BBcode. The link will open in a new tab.
Rise.mp3

Here is the code:
Code:
[nturl=https://drive.google.com/file/d/16C9b9xN8IRe41rG0XDlgGVUbQSYz9l19]Rise.mp3[/nturl]

Thank you, Craig. But I don't understand how come when I clicked on the link in my posting it brings up my tune.

Kit

Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:19 pm

Kit wrote:
Your link fails....

Rise.mp3

Here is the code:
Code:

Thank you, Craig. But I don't understand how come when I clicked on the link in my posting it brings up my tune.

Kit

For me it came up:

Forbidden
Error 403

We do have issues on this site with https links and that is why I added the nturl= BBcode.
I am guessing that you are logged into your google drive and it brings it up.
Maybe it (google drive) needs a sharing setting for others to access it directly.

Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:45 pm

Craig, thank you for the explanation. I edited my original text with your [nturl] code fix, I think it will work now for everyone. I forgot to mention the bass is played on my L2000.

Kit

Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:36 pm

I still can’t get it to play. Could be my iPhone 3!

Will figure it out, looking forward to hearing it

Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:40 pm

sam wrote:I still can’t get it to play. Could be my iPhone 3!

Will figure it out, looking forward to hearing it

Sam, maybe try from Craig's first post where he fixed my link?

Kit

Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:50 am

I wasn't able to get it to play on my work computer. But using my phone I was able to get to the site, but when I clicked to play it, it didn't play - as if it were not loading. I tried a few times using different browsers (just in case it was a compliancy issue), but couldn't get it to play.

:(

Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:44 am

Well done Kit, I have been considering a keyboard or digital piano off and on and you may just have inspired me enough to continue the search. And then actually learn how to use garage band ( or something )

Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:35 am

Finally got it to work.

Well done Kit! Not just with the keyboard - but the mix too. levels were great.

Keep at it.

Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:55 am

Thank you everyone for your kind response.

Dan, I spent more time working on the mix than actually recording tracks. When I was young and discovered the Beatles my dream was to be a George Martin, hence this hobby of home recording.

Kit