Most interesting Guitar strap

Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:08 pm

What is the most interesting, eccentric or even most bizzare guitar strap you've ever seen (or maybe you own it!).

Re: Most interesting Guitar strap

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:30 am

I’ve got this old real snakeskin strap I got in 1986 but I don't really have any good pictures of just the strap. I saw it at Guitars Etc. in Bellevue Washington and had to have it but it was $79.00 and I couldn’t really justify it. My girlfriend at the time knew I wanted it and bought it for me for my birthday. It’s real leather and real rattlesnake skin. It’s 2” wide with is my favorite width but it was too short so I cut up and old leather belt and riveted it to the end of the strap and it’s held fine for the last 24 years. I used to use it with my main Les Paul for 7 years - gigged and toured with it and it really help up well. About 6 years ago I got into G&Ls and retired the strap for something a little more not-80’s but I came across it in the attic a couple years ago and decided to use it with Yellow dog. It’s a bit tacky by today’s standards but it’s so worn in and comfy I can’t quit it.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Dig the buffalo nickle strap....

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:06 pm

I have a plain old strap that is a good length for standing with a bass, buck skin, home made.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:54 am

I've been lusting after one of these. from http://www.anthologygearwear.com/WWW/ , They have some awesome straps.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks everyone for sharing your strap pics and the history behind them. Nice stuff! :clap: :thumbup:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:35 pm

You want weird?

Check out some of these straps from Eyeland.

http://www.eyelandenterprises.com

I have one of their straps for "Jake" my HCSB Les Paul Supreme; it's a plain-jane model, I think called the "Durango".

I have straps from Franklin (probably my favs), Levys, Eyeland, Fort Bryan, Atlas, Double Treble, Italia, Taylor and Martin. I have a strap that I bought from George Gruhn's in the mid-1990s. I have the Music Man strap that came with my first Sabre II, and I have Washburn Offset "Sling" strap. I also have a custom leather strap from Gabbiano Leathers, a small company here in Oregon. I also have a 4" wide custom Moody's strap. It's black leather with inlaid blue stars--an artist model I think. Very high quality; it's wider than I like, but it's a good choice for one of the heavier Les Pauls I own. (I bought it used and got it cheap!)

All of my straps are leather, each guitar has it's own strap. Sometimes it's hard for me to find a strap that is long enough.

I love finding the perfect strap that complements a guitar.

Bill

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks Bill for the link. Some great straps indeed. :thumbup: