Martin guitar promised land

Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:58 pm

Finally made it to the acoustic promise land this week, the Martin headquarters in Nazareth PA! :happy0065:

Work trip took me close by, so it was a moral imperative to go visit being a Martin owner / fan. Unfortunately the tour is on hold due to covid restrictions, but I did tour the museum, the gift shop and their “pickers palace” to play a few models. Many on display for sale.

(Having trouble posting pics today, here are links)

https://imgur.com/a/OZHY748

https://imgur.com/a/1krfXaW

The museum was incredible. I didn’t take pictures but all the memorabilia and instruments was impressive. Talk about artistry, they have some works of art on display along with celebrity instruments and ones with Martin historical relevance. Gift shop was full of many trinkets as well. I was glad to see all the instruments on display to try out. There was a D-18 that was calling my name, but being the cheap, uh… frugal person I am, I will wait for a pre-loved or discounted one somewhere else. There is also the ASAT HB Special Build recently mentioned in another wish list post that is in front of this, if one shows up. Anyone seen one lately. :searching:

If yer in PA and near Nazareth, I highly recommend visiting the factory especially if yer a Martin fan. Even if not, the history and cool stuff is worth the visit. They said tours will probably be back in the spring. Happy picking’!

Re: Martin guitar promised land

Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:27 pm

"I pulled into Nazareth, was feelin' about half past dead ..."

Cool!

- Jos

Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:25 am

Thanks Jos,

Yes I did pull The Band on my iTunes while driving there.

The “weight” of that song over the years said had to be done.

Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:52 pm

I’ve been scheming to tour the Martin factory for awhile, waiting for them to reopen tours. Driving distance for us. I’ve had a DC-15E since 2010. Such a finely constructed instrument and seems to get better every year. Thx for the review Sam!

Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:25 am

John,

If I lived close enough to drive I might be on a first name basis with the staff! :evilgrin:

Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:11 pm

Nice, that's a tour I'd like to do some day.