Martin D-18

Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:00 pm

Goofing around this past weekend and tried to make a little video of my acoustic. Tried doubling the audio but still just a mix of iPhone and laptop mic.
Any thoughts on the sound quality appreciated.

phpBB [video]

Re: Martin D-18

Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:18 pm

Hey mutts,

Very nice, I hear hints of The Jayhawks and Uncle Tupelo, and nothing like a 41’ Martin D-18. :thumbup:

To me sound quality came through clearly and projected well.

Thanks for sharing.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:48 am

sam wrote:Hey mutts,

Very nice, I hear hints of The Jayhawks and Uncle Tupelo, and nothing like a 41’ Martin D-18. :thumbup:

To me sound quality came through clearly and projected well.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for listening Sam and thanks for the feedback. I'm not a home recording type and not a computer guy either so trying to make these videos is still a learning process. This is the first time I've tried to sync two audio sources in an effort to beef up the sound. Maybe I'll get a room mic.
The guitar is something else- it had belonged to my late uncle.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:34 pm

Very nice, full sound, from (I guess) recording with a phone. It's actually quite good for recording in just a regular in house. I enjoyed your video and your playing.

Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:45 am

Kit wrote:Very nice, full sound, from (I guess) recording with a phone. It's actually quite good for recording in just a regular in house. I enjoyed your video and your playing.

Kit, thanks for listening and for your feedback. I actually used the iPhone recording and an audio recording from my laptop. I put them both into iMovie and synced them together. I cut the volume on the iPhone recording and used the iMovie default "bass" mix for that track. The primary audio is from the laptop recording. I think maybe the combination sounds richer than just the iPhone alone. Perhaps a room mic is in my future..
Cheers, Eric

Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:28 am

Nice playing and thanks for sharing.

Have owned D18V and D18 Ambertone in the past. Both were amazing guitars and as I am an idiot, I sold them.

Due to age, no longer playing Dreads, however presently own a wonderful 000-18.

Sumthin' special about 18 series Martins.

Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:56 am

DogsPart2 wrote:Nice playing and thanks for sharing.

Have owned D18V and D18 Ambertone in the past. Both were amazing guitars and as I am an idiot, I sold them.

Due to age, no longer playing Dreads, however presently own a wonderful 000-18.

Sumthin' special about 18 series Martins.

I have a HD-28V that I bought about 12 years ago as well as this one. At the time I bought the 28 I came very close to going for a vintage-ish Gibson. I forget the model but it was s smaller bodied guitar.
Somewhere down the line I might still like to get something like that or a 000.
Thanks for listening.
Cheers, Eric