An original song

Thu May 06, 2021 4:12 pm

Thought I would share this video with everyone.
By way of background: I have never been a proficient song writer. When I was younger and in a band I did more but these days really only write a song from start to finish about once a year. Maybe not even. I wrote this back in December and made a few recordings just using the Voice Recorder app on my laptop. This piece is a bit different for me as I have never ended up with a song with such sparse musical accompaniment. Music and vocals were recorded live in the room using the laptop's mic. Low tech. I thought about rerecording it while also shooting video but decided to try and make a "video". I made one quick version and thought it was okay. Then spent several hours making another version. Of course I ended preferring the first effort more. Thankfully I had saved it so went back and did a much simpler edit of it. First time processing the sound was clipping. Got to the following result and just decided it's good enough for my purposes since it's gonna get lost in the vastness of YouTube anyway. ;)
Btw- I am not a singer! I hope somebody enjoys is nonetheless.

phpBB [video]